“Origins tour”

Hidden Paris Walking Tours
Ranked #89 of 639 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Intimate tours with born-and-raised Parisians, through the past and the present of the genuine Paris. We are four passionate and professional Parisian guides who will show you what the others don't. The love of our city made us bent together and we are eager to share it with you...specially the secret places we, Parisians, keep to ourselves!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Loved it. Even though on my last night as it was their first night of operating after summer holidays. If I was staying longer would have done more. I learned things that you just don't see if you were walking on your own.

All reviews
in 44 reviews
"neighborhood"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We loved this tour. I was a bit diffident as usually I am bored in these kind of experiences. Flora was an amazing person, full of ideas and with a very interesting attitude towards history and human adventures. The atmospheres she created with her fabulous skills as a storyteller made our walk into Marais one of the hihghlights of the whole trip. We strongly reccomend don't miss this company's services.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of taking two of the Hidden Paris walking tours. We are big on walking tours in general, and we found Hidden Paris to be refreshing in being low-key and a bit improvised. The guides are all enthusiastic young Parisians who know and love their city, and there's less of a "performance" or rehearsed storytelling vibe than you get from a lot of other tours. For the Sweet Paris tour, Delphine took us to several little bakeries and chocolatiers, and turned us on to the best macarons in Paris at Pierre Hermes. (And we have definitely done some serious macaron sampling!) Delphine took us on a Medieval Mysteries of the Latin Quarter, and we were the only people on the tour. It really wasn't about medieval mysteries at all, just the three of us wandering around the Left Bank, going into parks and churches, but she was charming and knowledgeable and we felt like we got our money's worth. If you want to get a lot of history crammed into 2 hours, maybe this isn't your best choice, but we were very pleased we went with Hidden Paris.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I did the Origins Tour with Servane as the tour guide. Servane was very friendly and informative. The tour was very casual, and she made you feel like I was a friend. If you're looking for a structured/lecture-style tour, this is not for you. The tour was very intimate with four guests: my husband and I and another couple.

Servane gave us a tour around the Notre Dame and along the river Seine. The tour was not as hidden as I expected, I've seen all the sites, but we really like the stories that Servane gave us.

Booking was easy, and they respond to your emails quickly. The fee was 20 Euro per person.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We can't say enough about the Hidden Paris Walking tour organization and their gracious guide, Flora. With an age group ranging from "19 - 59", there was something for everyone. We started our day in the Latin Quarter, followed by lunch at a great restaurant and then a delightful afternoon tour of Montmartre. This was our first full day in the "City of Light" and it was invaluable to kick off our stay with someone who answered the myriad of questions we had. Thanks again! We hope to see you again, real soon.

2  Thank TLaff920