“Terrible service and locked in the toilet”

L'Escargot Montorgueil
Ranked #2,719 of 20,698 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Gent there with so friends. We was looking forward to having a wonderful dinner. But one of my friends went to the toilet and was locked in there for over 30mins. They told us that wasn’t their responsibility And didn’t say sorry.
They thought were asking for compensation like discount but all we wanted was an apology. Manager did apologize but with really really cocky and awful way. What an awful experience. They didn’t even deserve my one star review.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,321)

Reviewed March 24, 2019

My Father and I had an 8 PM reservation but arrived 45 minutes early, something that would have been a sin in any other Paris restaurant.
Although the place was very busy, the hostess received us with an SPECTACULAR smile (Not usual in Paris, especially in restaurants) and took us to our table.
I must confess that it wasn't the best table, but the same spectacular hostess gave us another table that was "apparently" reserved for someone else.
After we were settled in a great table, we were offered drinks and a menu.
We ordered the Frog legs and a variety of 36 escargot.
The service was incredible (friendly and helpful) and the food was SIMPLY AMAZING.
The price is very reasonable, especially because of the quality of the food and service.
I lived in Paris for two years and have been traveling regularly over time and, without a doubt, this restaurant is one of my best findings.
I recommend this restaurant all the way!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2019 via mobile

I went to this place with my son, and had a good experience. Staff were very friendly, and spoke English. Food was delicious, but overpriced in my opinion. The people dining here were mainly tourists.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant is absolutely fantastic and the food is delicious! Here I've eaten the best snails(escargot) and frog legs. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. I have a single regret: i did not discovered this place from the first day cause i would definitely have ate here every day, that's how much i loved it!

Reviewed March 8, 2019

Again in this amasing place with french cuisine. Escargot, duck. Really recommend the rose wine they have in list. Expensive, but you should try.