“The perfect Paris restaurant”

Comme Chai Toi - Notre Dame
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Comme Chai Toi - Notre Dame is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We reserved on La Fourchette at the last minute and walked in to the restaurant shortly afterward. The waitress was super friendly and made us feel so welcome. The food was delicious as well. There were some people celebrating a birthday and the place just had the feel of a neighborhood place. We loved it!

1  Thank Lady_di2009
There are newer reviews for Comme Chai Toi - Notre Dame

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My 7 year old daughter said that this was the best restaurant experience of her life, and that's not a small statement. She found the croustilles d'escargots exceptional, and found the steak tartare nearly as good as my salmon tartare! Perhaps what was best was that on a Saturday afternoon, the joint isn't packed with tourists which have the waitress a chance to really bond with my daughter and even give her a chance to sit at the bar (to drink her babichino). Amazing food, the menu it determined by the product the chef sources. A definitive sign of a high quality joint. Wine was very relaxed. I was given a fresh bottle and told to drink what I wanted and be charged comme ça! Fantastic

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My girlfriend and I arrived at this restaurant late on a Thursday night. It had very positive reviews and was close to our hotel, right across from the Notre Dame Cathedral. The restaurant had about 4-5 tables occupied with patrons and was still serving food. It is a small place that seats about 30 comfortably. We were greeted by the gentleman behind the bar, who asked if we spoke french. We said no. He was very nice and said it was okay, that the waitress spoke good english and would be with us shortly. They have no menus for food, only wine menus. The food menu is written in chalk on a board at the back of the room in french only. After waiting almost 15 minutes for the waitress to come to our table, we decided to leave. It was not like she was terribly busy. She went to a few other tables at this time and even left the restaurant for a couple minutes for what I can only presume was a smoking break. It was a very disappointing experience that I hope never to have again.

2  Thank ElNino1734
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Average sort of place. Located on main road between Notre Dame and the Seine, so nothing particularly to commend the location other than proximity to Notre Dame, but once inside there is no view to speak of. The interior lacks interest and atmosphere. The starters were poor, however the rack of lamb was superb. Reasonable value for money. We just didn't 'feel' anything for the place and wouldn't return for that reason alone. As I said, average.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Walked by this place a million times but didn't know about it until I came across it on TA. What a great find it was for last night which was a cold and rainy summer night here in Paris. The restaurant was warrm and very inviting as was the staff. Everyone was so friendly and the food was delicious. We had foie -gras,,duck, daurade Every dish was absolutely delicious. Good bottle of wine Try the dessert - pain perdue - just delicious. Excellent evening with good food and vibe and price. Definitely on our list for a return visit as we are here every year for 8 weeks in the summer