“Great food, lovely location!”
Review of Les Tantes Jeanne

Les Tantes Jeanne
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Les Tantes Jeanne is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Description: LES TANTES JEANNE IS A TYPICAL FRENCH RESTAURANT NEXT TO THE MOULIN ROUGE .IT PROPOSED THE SPECIAL MEET LIKE A KOBE BEEF OR BLACK ANGUS BEEF SPECIAL FISH CROSTED ,THE HOMED MADE FOIE GRAS AND SPECIAL SORBET WITH ABSINTHE.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant by accident, but it was the best food experience of our Paris trip. The food (especially the meat) was amazing and the side dishes were surprising with fantastic taste. We definitely recommend it!

There are newer reviews for Les Tantes Jeanne

Reviewed June 16, 2013

There was a time when any meal in a Parisian restaurant was freshly made and good. Now you have to ask if the fish is fresh or frozen, did the chef make the cassoule or is some of the food brought in frozen or prepared then microwaved?
Seems like less and less is freshly made and no one cares. Lucky for you if you are in a pied de terre and can cook some of your own meals. The street markets, if you can find one, offer fresh vegies and fruits, roti chicken and onsite prepared salads and pommes cooked in the bottom of the rotissori. Fresh and tasty!
But once in while you hit a restaurant run by the chef and not costing an arm and a leg and very very good. Had the best duck confit there I've had in Paris, husband had a terrific steak and he has difficulty with steak but this was perfectly grilled and much more tender than what you get at a corner bisros here. Three of us had the chef prepared foie gras with marmalade which was fantastic, One of us had a salad for the main meal and it looked and she said tasted wonderful. Dessert was really unnecessary but how could we pass it. Okay but not the best.
In addition if you go on www.forchette.fr you might get a discount if they are offering one that day. We forgot to check www.forchette but the meal was worth 5 stars and the cost was 3 dollar signs. Located on in the 18th on Rue Veron just up from Metro Blanche and you owe it to yourself to have a terrific French meal. Isn't that why you came here? We'll be back!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a nice surprise! I was just recently at this very pleasant and comfortable restaurant just around the corner of Montmatre and Sacre Coeur. And I gotta say: Lots of compliments and regards to the chef and his lovely wife!!! I was there with my girlfriend - who is a Parisienne and told me we have to go there, she has heard so many good things about it. And the owners (the chef and his wife) made us feel at ease and very welcome from the start. The chef even came at the end of the dinner and asked how we liked it!

We just loved the interiour and the atmosphere. It's a cool mixture between solid vintage design with a certain history and style and some hints of a new and modern design. All in all: very comfy!!!

The service was - not like in some other restaurants in Paris - very nice and thoughtful. Always with a smile on their lips. Also, I can totally recommand the restaurant to foreigners, who do not have a perfect command of the French language. Though it seems to be a place for locals. And this mixture makes the atmosphere even more enjoyable.

Having said all this (you can tell I really enjoyed being there), JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU GET YOUR FOOD... I've never tasted better beef in Paris. Try the KOBE, it's really worth the extra Euro. They also serve a good selection of traditional and modern dishes, just in case you are not so much into beef or meat. Superb selection of digestifs and I guess a wide range of strong red wines... Just how I like it :-)
And I'll be back there for sure.
Don't miss it, if you are around Montmatre.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

It's difficult to describe one of the best meals of your life. From start to finish it was incredible, and this includes the service. This is a professional, clean, small, intimate restaurant that I would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner and the service and food was great. Fresh and clean restaurant with nice staff. At the french menu they had smaller dishes than on the english version - ask.