“Really nice hotel and super location!”

Hotel Montparnasse Saint-Germain
Ranked #1,152 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Helsinki, Finland
“Really nice hotel and super location!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Nice and clean hotel, friendly and helpfull staff and 10-15 min walk to the eiffel tower! Metro stations, lafayette galleries (shopping), train station, cafees, restaurants, bars and everything you might need within 500 meters from the hotel!

The hotel entrance was small but looks really modern and expensive and clean:) The main entrance is kept locked because it is facing a busy road, and you get a code with which you can enter. Although there is also a receptionist 24/7 so you can also press the button and they let you in. The elevator is small and so are the hallways. We stayed from thursday-sunday in the family room, me and 4 of my girlfriends. The room was hard to get to, because the elevator only went to the floor under, so we had to carry our luggage upstairs (really narrow staircase). But the room itself was really nice! Large and cosy and looked just like a French hotel room should look. There were 2 bathrooms, one tiny with a shower and one large with a bathtub. Felt like a suite. And we could see the top of the Eiffel tower from the window!! The room was cleaned every day and we were not disturbed by any other guests.

The hotel was in a good location also because of the large tower right next to it, because we could always find back easily because it functioned as a landmark.There was free coffee from a small machine in the reception area but you had to wait quite long for the coffee and especially if there was que. But we often bought it to go from one of the cafees nearby so we didnt mind.They had a room where you could keep your luggage if you had to check out before you are to leave to the airport but when we got there it was full so we had to keep our luggage in the hallway behind a curtain(!).. But nothing was stolen so it was not a big deal:)

I was very pleased with this hotel because of the staff, location, clean and modern look and french charm that it had! I recommend!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Ballymena
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I stayed in this lovely little hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel is close to the tube so gives easy access to all of Paris. Enjoyable stay would recommend. The rooms are small which you expect in Paris but clean and adequate.

• Stayed October 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Nice and cosy hotel, near to metro, near to mini market at Rue d’Odessa. The lift can only fit 4 pax. Check in and check out with no fuss. And yes no AC.. anyway we didn’t need it cos it was still cold..
For me no complains..

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NoellKailas
Jersey
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed with my Mum & Dad and Aunty who were visiting from NZ and we chose the family room. Although at the top of the hotel, it was quiet from the street noise below and the layout of the family room suited us. The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful and although my parents are fit and active for their ages, it was ideally located between metro and train station. Handy tip, the Saturday fruit and veg market is well worth a visit, even if only to admire the fantastic displays. My husband and I are looking to book again this year as we were so impressed.

Room Tip: Try to book an upper floor room so to limit the amount of street noise, the hotel is in a busy area...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JerseyCow12009
London
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel was nice, the bed sheets was clean and comfortable. A few holes on the blanket but nothing major.

If you get a room that faces the street, you tend to hear a lot of noise. I'm used to it, so that was no problem, but I understand how some people in other reviews complained about it.

Overall, a nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Little Rock
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Overall, we were very happy with this hotel and would book here again. We were in room 002 on the ground floor - we had to walk through a small courtyard to get there, but no big deal.

Pros:
The room had a lot of space. There were two bathrooms - 1 with a toilet and sink, the other with a shower/bath and sink. The bathroom also had a hair dryer and towel warmer, marble surfaces, nice toiletries, etc. Definitely not the typical European tiny bathroom - this one is roomy by American standards.
The people at the front desk were consistently friendly and available. Not all were fluent in English, but it wasn't really necessary.
Very close to the Metro, a Monoprix just a few doors down (grocery store with a cafe inside and plenty of great snacks, gifts, etc), many great places to eat very close (eg. Josselin's Creperie).
We got a great deal on hotels.com and paid less than $130 per night for a 2-person room.
There is controlled access from the street - you have to ring a bell to get back in. This was a pro for me because it felt safer. Others might find it inconvenient. But we never had to wait to get back in.

Cons
Our room was sort of off to the side and so the wifi signal was abysmal - we didn't have one. The 3G signal was off and on. But we weren't there to work and so that wasn't critical for us. My sister had a room in the main part of the hotel and had a wifi signal. I was glad I bought data before traveling so I could use the 3G without an exorbitant charge. It was enough to look up maps, museum times, check e-mail, etc.
Tiny elevator - not a problem for us, but the stairs were windy and uneven. I would not want to have to lug bags up those stairs!

Room Tip: Room 002 was great for having a lot of space for a 2-person room. But if having a wifi signal is im...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, paid a total of £150 via expedia.co.uk Booking in advance is a must! the hotel lobby is small, and entire property is more like a boutique hotel. I had a nice room,on 4th floor, as per my request. The room quite small, however I did a lot of sight seeing in wonderful Paris and I really needed a room to sleep and that's all. The room had a nice TV , enough space of wardrobe for one persone, a nice clean shower and plenty of fresh towel every day! As well some amenities such as soap, shampoo, etc....I did not use them as I like my own brands of toiletries when I travel....the location is just great, access to many metro stations, Montparnasse which is just 6 metro station to Eiffel Tower, Edgar Quinet another metro station near by. The area is full of great cafes, restaurants, shops, even an amazing market with fresh products on Saturdays! etc. In the lobby is a cool selections of magazines and info about atractions. Wi-fi worked great , good water pressure, every day turndown service, safe in the room. If you looking for a safe and nice area, good budget hotel, Montparnasse Saint German will not dissapoint...if you want something better try Four Seasons or Le Meurice by Dorchester.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo