“Never again”

Hipotel Paris Bordeaux
Ranked #1,747 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
“Never again”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is terrible. Smells and looks awful, the room and the sheets were dirty. I only stayed here for one night but i will never again. And the thing that nobody speaks english in this place is disappointing, furtunately my friend can speak french so we could get along but...never again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Paris
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Location, location, location. If you value savings over five star accommodations then this is the place for you. No tv in the rooms, but free wifi. But who the hell would travel to another country to spend time watching tv. No bugs. I shared a toilet, but I brought some sanitizer at any store to clean the joint before using. For the money I saved, I will stay again. Nice assistant from the staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Brian S
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the pictures of booking.com, it looks clean and okay but I was in shock when I entered my room. I talked to several female travellers and they also have the same shocking feeling.

There is no elevator so you have to carry all your luggages up by yourself if you don't get a room at floor 0. Floor 0 is the rooms they call chambers rooms ( with shower and toilet included ).

However, you may want to consider the definitition of "Chamber room" in their standard. seeing is beliving. Please look at those pictures I provide bellow.

All I can say is... it's like a hostel not a hotel.

Ps. while I stayed there, a woman from Taiwan got sexual harassment by a Staff named Hasan. Therefore, NOT recommend for female solo traveller.

Room Tip: You may wanna spend your money somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank emilyintaiwan

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights over September - October 2012. I had the room booked for me very last minute by the people I was working for as our other accommodation fell through within half an hour of boarding the Eurostar.

The hotel is very close to Beleville Metro stop and a short walk down to Republique, so in terms of location, it is actually quite ideal. However, unless you are on a European backpacking trip and / or are fine with staying in a hotel type environment I would not recommend this hotel as somewhere to stay for a 'holiday'.

The decor is very tired, old fashioned (which is quite normal for Paris) but feels very uncared for and quite dirty. There is mold all over the walls (including bedroom) and paint and wallpaper missing / peeling off. Not really the best thing to see upon arriving.. There is WIFI, which is free, but it does not work in the rooms and you have to either sit in the communal room or in the hallway (if you need privacy).

I was (sadly) booked into one of the rooms without private bathrooms, the room is incredibly basic, a single bed (sometimes 2) with a table, chair broken 'wardrobe' and a small sink with mirror in the corner. The Window was broken and did not close properly and the curtains were hanging off.. It was freezing in the room and the beds came with just a sheet and blanket, I ended up taking the blankets of the other single bed in my room I was so cold. There was black mold on the walls and honestly I did not feel very safe, I took all my personal belongings with me when I left and just closed my suitcase with my clothes in and locked it.

There is a couple of toilets in the hallway and a shower on one end .. It had a lock that you had to ask the receptionist to use. It was pretty disgusting and very uncomfortable to shower in.

The other thing to mention is the noise. The hotel has VERY thin walls, and loud hallways, you can hear people all night and all morning, I hardly slept the first couple of nights, and almost left the hotel, but Paris is pretty booked up last minute so just stayed. The fire alarm went off every morning as someone was smoking in their room, and generally people do not think about anyone else who might be at the hotel.

The staff are very nice, sometimes they do not speak English, which is tough and I could see a lot of people having problems with it, but they treated me with good manners and respect, so it's a shame that that amount of respect does not go into the hotel.

The most worrying thing was that on the last night I found 3 bed bugs in my bed, and 1 on the other bed next too me. Luckily I was not bitten, but it is quite worrying.

Like I said, if you are looking for a hotel to have a holiday in, and relax, come home after a day in Paris and just chill, this is not the place for you. I was working full days whilst I was there so was literally just there to sleep. I have never in my life been so happy to go home so I could shower and feel like I was clean and warm. However, if you just need somewhere to be for a few days, and are not too worried then it might work.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here I would say get a room with a bathroom, nothing worse than waiting in line...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business