“Friendly staff, excellent location, beautiful decor”
Review of Hotel Atmospheres

Hotel Atmospheres
Ranked #114 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here for a girls trip, on arrival there was a mix up with the rooms being on different floors. This was rectified immediately and also given a complimentary bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. The 2 gentleman we dealt with during our weekend stay were both polite and helpful. The location is great for sightseeing as notre damn is within walking distance. there are many metro stations, Took 15 minutes on the metro to the Eiffel Tower and the Latin quarter where all the bars and restaurants are located is a 5 minute walk. Rooms were decorated to a high standard, can't say enough good things about this hotel. Definitely recommend and if I return to Paris would stay here without doubt

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Siobhan8812
There are newer reviews for Hotel Atmospheres

Reviewed February 7, 2013

When i travel to Paris, 6-7 times per year, I always stay in small hotels with a familary feeling. Normally their standard is not so high. Atmosphere was a totally different experience. A small hotel very nice renovated with a really good atmosphere and the very best was the young man who met me in the lobby in the evening 6/2 and still was there in the morning 7/2. I got a perfect service. The only small remark I have is that the bacon for breakfast was boiled instead of fried.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jan G
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here for a short break, excellent location you can walk to everything in central Paris. Lots of good neighbourhood restaurants and cafes. The hotel breakfast is pricey, you're much better off going out for breakfast (this is easy). Rooms are small as you'd expect in the centre of town, but very well appointed with a really good shower. Nice and clean too. Helpful staff who all speak English should you need it. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ob4123
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in room 221 and it was quiet and dark, so we slept extremely well. The room was really small, but I understand that this is the norm in Paris, so we went in expecting a small room. We walked a few blocks from the hotel to an incredible neighborhood full of restaurants, shops and ambiance. The staff was really friendly and we very much enjoyed the sauna a the end of a long day of touring.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stephsanfran
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is a gem. Situated in the best part of Paris and so easy to get to other areas. I stayed for 5 days and the service was impeccable. It was lovely and comfortable hotel....the staff were eager to please and most gracious. I would definitely stay again .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank AMW13
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was sceptical before booking this hotel. Relatively new but with great reviews on tripadvisor. I paid a visit in advance and the lobby was attractive, in a modern style. The location was convenient. I booked.

However, on arrival, I was very disappointed to be given a room that bore no relation to the photos displayed on the website. The sleek, dark, modern look had been replaced by garish bright pink and green colours. The loo was decorated with wallpaper depicting macaroons (some graffitted by frustrating occupants). It was a confectioner's nightmare. I asked to change rooms but none were available.

On the upside, the bed was comfortable and the room dark and quiet. But on the downside, on the second day, the cleaner only left one bath towel not two; and only one coffee capsule, which was parsimonious in the extreme. We asked for two towels and two coffee capsules from reception. Needless to say, they did not materialise.

Overall, disappointing, overrated, expensive and decorated in vile taste. I will not return.

Room Tip: If you like the decor on the website, make sure you specify what you want when you book.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here January 2013 for a business trip.
The hotel is very well located, close to Metro and RER and in the heart of the university district, but very near Ile de la Cite.
My room was on the top floor, so quiet. It was very small - but rooms in Paris generally are. The decor is interesting, but does work - very bijoux with red and black and purple. All necessary conveniences including very stylish (although tiny) en-suite with good shower.
Free wifi was excellent - could run a conference call through it very well. The table/desk and chair would have been challenging to work at - I'm happy with a laptop sitting on my bed, so it was fine for me.
I did not have breakfast in the hotel - it was quite expensive - there are many bistros and patisserie nearby so I fended for myself.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being on the top floor but the lift is not fast!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business