“Amazing food and fast service!”
Review of Up Thai

Up Thai
Ranked #1,413 of 19,130 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in Paris for a short city break and saw this restaurant while out walking. While small in size it was very busy and looked like it had a great atmosphere.
The next evening we stopped and asked if there was a table for two available and were told yes but that we would need to vacate the table in one hour. That seemed entirely fair so we agreed....and we were very glad that we did.
My wife had the Pork Red Curry and I had the Massaman Beef Curry. Both were amazing and very authentically cooked. For dessert we shared a sticky rice with mango slices. Again this was absolutely fantastic.
Prices were very reasonable for Paris and our food along with 50cl of white wine came to a total of €54.
If you get a chance to dine here you won’t be disappointed. The Massaman Beef Curry was among the best I have ever tasted.

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by a fellow colleague who had eaten here a couple of years prior. We'd grown tired of the carbs and butter associated with a lot of French cooking and decided to sit down for some solid Thai food. The menu is more creative than a traditional Thai restaurant, the kitchen is really quaint and it's incredible that that menu can come out of such a small kitchen. I literally had to walk through the kitchen, in front of the stove and negotiate the space with the Cooke in order to get to the bathroom in the back of the place. This might sound objectionable for some but it was quite quaint and romantic and it gave me a sense of home. The food however was good but not great and the service i'm certainly did not match the chefs intentions. I ordered the tide beer that was brought to me nearly at room temperature and my wife was brought a glass of water in such a rush that the waitress spilled it on her when setting it down as she walked away to tend to something else. I would try this place again as I think maybe I caught it on the wrong day and may have ordered the wrong dish but it did not deliver the expectations that my friend had set.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Warm, friendly, charming. Delicious dishes. I recommend! Try grilled gambas with fresh vegetables or one if the amazing salads. Caramelized chicken is extrememy tasty. Desserts to be tried include tapioca and blue rice cooked in coconut milk with fresh mangoo. Enjoy!

Reviewed May 23, 2017

We recently had a meal in this restaurant, we liked the authenticity of the room, although very small, but cosy. Initially we had a lost in translation issue, as unfortunately my French is rather rusty and their English was basic (which isn't an issue, I was in France!). This perhaps can be misinterpreted as rude, but I wouldn't agree, I think more language problems, the staff were incredibly friendly, once I tried to at least communicate! The food was delicious and freshly made to order. We were impressed with the standard and incredibly good value (especially for Paris).. I would definitely recommend to try this place.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

Up Thai have a small authentic menu with flavory dishes. The also have a "menu de jour" that complements the meny. Service and kitchen is fast and friendly. Tried the classic "Som Tam" and it had the right flavors and spicyness - a little bit to go on on acidity and amount of chili. Asked for spicy and got the european spicy. Nice fried dumplings. Grilled shrimps (gambas) from "menu the jour" for main course. The were just perfectly grilled, peeled but tail and head on. Nice and flavory fried vegetables in sauce based on red curry, sweet soy and herbs. Excellent combination of flavors, crispy vegetables and very fresh shrimps (had that crunchy bite). And of course sticky rice with mango to dessert. Perfect rice that came in luke warm coconut milk and mango ripe in the way it should be. Ate there quite late (about 22:00) The diner was half full and most had ordered their dish and was already into their dessert. Quite small place, not more than 20 seats with a chill and friendly atmosphere. I bit pricy. With two Singhas the total was 51 euro. You know how one some time may be disappointed when eating thai, cause they cheat and do shortcuts on the way the food is made. Not this one - Up thai is one of the real ones delivering the real thai taste for those of us who on a regular basis need our shot.