“Far better than a hotel room”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
La Cerisaie
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

of 5 bubbles
Excellent - based on 177 reviews

Reviews from our community

Egon70
“Far better than a hotel room”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Nowadays centrally located hotel rooms in Paris are usually small and are getting more and more expensive. If you're not after the normal hotel services, Paris At Home apartments would be a good choice.

I've stayed in the Traversiere apartment and the Tournelles apartment before. Both were nice but I prefer the former one since it's more spacious and there's an elevator. So I booked the Traversiere apartment again for my present trip to Paris.

Booking was easy and Joel replied to my emails very quickly every time.

The apartments were comfortable and nicely decorated. There's everything you need and you can tell Joel has the travellers' need in mind. He's really has the attention to details.

I'll definitely choose Paris At home apartments again when I travel to Paris next time.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
M1172014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Tiny bathroom and building works”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

As most of the reviews have explained this apartment is in a great location - close to good restaurants and bars. However, we have stayed in several Parisian studios but found this one to be too small for anything more than a couple of nights. It is modern but shows signs of its popularity e.g. floors are not too clean looking and the glass kitchen hob was cracked. The bathroom is very small which becomes difficult to deal with after a few days. I dont mind compact but I'm surprised that nobody else has mentioned just how frustrating the tiny bathroom is. I would hate to think how larger people would cope (we are both average to slim build).
Our biggest problem though was unfortunately the building works which we experienced during our stay. Every morning from 8-11am the upstairs apartment was undergoing hammer drilling and constant building works. We prefer to stay out late and sleep on in the morning and unfortunately this really took the goodness out of our stay here. It become unbearable and I informed Joel hoping that he would be able to assist. He did apologise by email but the noise continued for each of the mornings we stayed. We were not offered alternative accomodation or informed of the building works before arriving. It really was not an acceptable level of noise. The outside window was obscured by protective sheeting and the hallway floors protected by a very unattractive protective cardboard covering. Unfortunately Joel didnt make any real attempt to work with us on this which surprised me given the amazing reviews from other travellers. On our return home I contacted him again and he did offer us a single complimentary night stays at a later date but I doubt we will visit this apartment again which I'm sure Joel probably knows. We would rather we could have enjoyed our stay and had the issues resolved at the time. That said, Joel welcomed us at the studio and provided bread and jam on arrival. His directions were also helpful and he suggested some good restaurants.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Apr 7, 2014
Dear guests,

Once again we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you were caused at the Bastille apartment on your 3 night stay, in March 2014.

We are very sorry to hear such grieve in this meaning, especially when being informed on your last day with us, about the noise caused by the outside building work. We immediately escalated this issue to the building superintendent. We did apologize as we were not aware of such early noise, since the renovation had only started a few days prior to your stay.

We are also very surprised to hear about the apartment size and the alternative accommodation request, as this was not mentioned or requested at the time being.

We understand one's frustration and disapointment on a choice of accommodation while on vacation. We aim to make each guests as comfortable as possible, and to make them feel just like home, while staying with us.

We take each reviews seriously and appreciate every guests concerns. The outside building renovations are now finished.

Thank you.

Joel and Nicolas
cram858
San Diego, California
“Great apartment, great host!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Just returned from a week in Paris and a stay at the Cremieux apartment. I had a fabulous time and was very comfortable in the well furnished and wonderfully located apartment. Joel was a tremendous host who truly is a great help for any questions you may have. I highly recommend a stay at one of their apartments. You will definitely enjoy your stay.

Traveling group: Solo
Northumbe...
Northumberland
“Sleep well and enjoy a clean, very well equipped apartment”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

From booking to arrival my experience of staying at La Cerisaie was 100% successful. Booking is easy, a small deposit secures your stay and the cheque is returned upon arrival when you pay in full. Joel greeted me at the entrance, a welcome sight at the end of my journey - so welcome I forgot that Parisians don't go about hugging strangers so sorry for such an effusive english hello!! There was a great selection of french bread, coffee (aaah!), milk, juice,water, butter and jam. The apartment was VERY clean - for someone who is a bit OCD about these things I could find no faults!! The apartment is located within an internal courtyard hence you will find no difficulty in sleeping well. There is a gorgeous chair to rest your weary legs after walking all day and the bed is very comfortable. The shower/hot water facilities are excellent. There is an ipod docking station and satellite tv. The kitchen is very well appointed and the equipment is modern and clean. If I could think of any improvements I would share them because I feel it is important to help good apartments maintain standards but I really can't think of a single thing I would change. In fact I met an English couple at the Bofinger restaurant and shared details of the booking website as their daughter was looking at accommodation. The location is perfect and there is an excellent little supermarket just a few minutes walk away to stock up on anything you need. I hope to return one day and was so impressed I'd would wait to book flights until I knew I could book this apartment again. Thanks Joel for a great stay!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything but the personal welcome was very much appreciated by a single female traveller
Liked least: Nothing at all!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Carolina...
Dallas, Texas
“Most Authentic Stay in Paris”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 for a stay in January 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend in 2012 and the only regret I have is not reviewing sooner! Joel was one of the most helpful people we encountered during our vacation (which included travel in England and France), and this was hands down the most comfortable and enjoyable place to stay. He gave us directions to follow from the metro and was waiting at the door to the building and called out to us (we must have looked obviously American and turned around). He also stocked the fridge with fresh juice, fresh milk, and other foods that I thought was a lovely touch. We stayed for about 4 or 5 days and had a blast. It's only about a two minute walk from the Place de le Bastille, which makes it extremely convenient for touring and catching the train.
I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Hannah_an...
Guildford
“Cremieux Apartment - A great base to explore Paris”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

The booking process was smooth and Joel was very helpful and replied promptly to emails. To secure the booking, we just had to post a cheque for 100 EUR, which was returned to us on arrival, where we paid the full amount in cash.

The apartment itself was very well situated, being located on a pedestrianised street, between Bastille and Gare du Lyon. There are several bakeries nearby, and a Carrefour supermarket just a minutes walk down the road, which is open until 10pm, apart from Sunday. There are some good restaurants nearby (La Biche au Bois, L'ebauchoir), although reservations will be needed for busier periods (eg. Friday evenings). The area isn't too touristy, but feels safe to walk around, even at night. Transport links to other areas of Paris are very good - either by bus from the many bus stops located nearby, or by Metro or RER from Bastille, Gare du Lyon or Gare d'austerlitz, all within a 5 minute walk.

The amenities of the apartment are excellent. The apartment is on the second floor and does involve climbing a rather narrow staircase, but we didn't find this too difficult. There is a sofa, TV, DVD player and dining table and two chairs in the living area. In the kitchenette, there is a dishwasher (with a supply of tablets), two hobs, a fridge, a microwave, a washer/dryer (with detergent), a kettle, a toaster, and various pots, pans and crockery that you would need to make a meal. In the bedroom there is a small wardrobe and dressing table, with the en-suite shower room leading off this. The whole apartment is very clean and well equipped. There is also a good supply of travel books, maps and reading material located in the living area. The area is fairly quiet at night, as long as the windows are closed.

All in all, this was the perfect place to spend a few days in Paris. Joel was a great host and it was nice to know we could email him with any questions during our stay. He also provided us with fresh bread, some milk, jams, and orange juice on our arrival. There is also plentiful supplies of tea, coffee, sugar, and other condiments in the cupboards. A great place to stay in a wonderful city!

• Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
archigrah...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 14, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

This was a great place to stay. The location is good, an easy walk to lots of sights as well as numerous cafes, restaurants etc. The accommodation itself is excellent, it was spotlessly clean. Whilst small the place is very well presented, every detail has been though out and everything is provided for a comfortable stay. Arriving late in the evening on the first night to find fresh bread and a fridge stocked with basic provisions was a nice touch.

Bathroom cleanliness
Management Response
Jun 18, 2014
Thank you !

We are happy to hear you have enjoyed the apartment for your Paris visit.

Regards,
Joel and Nicolas
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$117
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing