“Good food for a pretty price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe Vito

Caffe Vito
Ranked #1,141 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Italian, European, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Le Marais
“Good food for a pretty price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Good food. We ordered pizza and pasta. Both were very good. Bad thing are waiters, you have to wait a little bit long before you have their attention.

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Good pizza, nice place to grab a quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stopped here for a late lunch after walking all around Paris. Pizza was not on the top of my list of things to eat in Paris, but went to accommodate a friend. The pizza was very good and a very large portion for 1. In fact, if we had eaten lunch at a normal time, it would have been too much for one person. Make sure to get a seat in the outdoor area so you can people-watch while eating. Prices are reasonable.

Visited May 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Good pizzas, terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have eaten here many times, and while the pizzas are always tasty, their service is appalling. It's stereotypically French, to the point that some staff will insult you in your face if they think you don't speak the language. If you ever go there, don't expect any decent treatment. But the food --at least what I have tried in the past-- is good. Excellent value too.

• Visited February 2012
The Netherlands
“Nice food for a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Second time we ate here. It's a great place to watch people. The service its nice and the food also.

New York City, New York
“Worst food I've eaten in recent memory.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Let's be honest. It's hard to screw up Italian food. But Caffe Vito manages. And! I the opposite of a picky eater. I once had steak tartare at a beach in Tulum and thought it was totally fine.

I ate here with two friends. We ordered two appetizers and three entrees.

For starters, the fried calamari and a plate of assorted charcruterie. My friend who ordered the calamari thought they were too breaded, but I don't mind that, so it was fine, if a little greasy. The bread that accompanied the charcruterie plate was stale, but ok.

The main courses were terrible.
The chef's special salad with smoked salmon was awful. The smoked salmon tasted rotten, which is quite an accomplishment for a cured fish. The vegetables were not fresh and the lettuce was brown.
The spaghetti with funghi was inedible. The tomato sauce was tasteless, there were four tiny pieces of bland mushroom. It was like eating rubber. I don't recall the last time I couldn't eat pasta, but I could not bring myself to chew and eat this spaghetti.
The pizza was NOT BAD, in the sense that even bad pizza is good. At least it tasted vaguely pizza-esque. The crust was nice, but the center was soggy, and the cheese was not ideal.

I didn't complain, but my friend with the salad did, and they could not be more nonplussed that it was basically terrible--which I think is fine, but just thought I'd add.

• Visited March 2011