“Good pizza, nice place to grab a quick lunch”
Review of Caffe Vito

Caffe Vito
Ranked #1,133 of 18,357 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stopped here for a late lunch after walking all around Paris. Pizza was not on the top of my list of things to eat in Paris, but went to accommodate a friend. The pizza was very good and a very large portion for 1. In fact, if we had eaten lunch at a normal time, it would have been too much for one person. Make sure to get a seat in the outdoor area so you can people-watch while eating. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I have eaten here many times, and while the pizzas are always tasty, their service is appalling. It's stereotypically French, to the point that some staff will insult you in your face if they think you don't speak the language. If you ever go there, don't expect any decent treatment. But the food --at least what I have tried in the past-- is good. Excellent value too.

Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Second time we ate here. It's a great place to watch people. The service its nice and the food also.

Reviewed March 4, 2011

Let's be honest. It's hard to screw up Italian food. But Caffe Vito manages. And! I the opposite of a picky eater. I once had steak tartare at a beach in Tulum and thought it was totally fine.

I ate here with two friends. We ordered two appetizers and three entrees.

For starters, the fried calamari and a plate of assorted charcruterie. My friend who ordered the calamari thought they were too breaded, but I don't mind that, so it was fine, if a little greasy. The bread that accompanied the charcruterie plate was stale, but ok.

The main courses were terrible.
The chef's special salad with smoked salmon was awful. The smoked salmon tasted rotten, which is quite an accomplishment for a cured fish. The vegetables were not fresh and the lettuce was brown.
The spaghetti with funghi was inedible. The tomato sauce was tasteless, there were four tiny pieces of bland mushroom. It was like eating rubber. I don't recall the last time I couldn't eat pasta, but I could not bring myself to chew and eat this spaghetti.
The pizza was NOT BAD, in the sense that even bad pizza is good. At least it tasted vaguely pizza-esque. The crust was nice, but the center was soggy, and the cheese was not ideal.

I didn't complain, but my friend with the salad did, and they could not be more nonplussed that it was basically terrible--which I think is fine, but just thought I'd add.

3  Thank 00Daniel
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This is a great spot for people watching in the heart of the gai Marais district. The service is fast, but functional. The pizzas are fine, but it's the opportunity to watch the world go by rather than the food that will get you excited. The restaurant has a generous terrace, so lots of seating with a view. If there are more than two of you, then it could be a challenge to get a seat (best to reserve if there are more than 4).

1  Thank callumx