“Excellent sushi on my second visit here”

Le Bar a Sushi Izumi
Reserve with
Le Bar a Sushi Izumi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,187 of 19,135 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open since 2011, Le Bar à sushi Izumi has a Japanese chef who really cares a lot about how fresh is the fish. For certain species (ee), he buys them alive in order to serve the freshiest to the customer. You will be adviced with a nice selection of Japanese sakes, red and white wine that goes along with sushi.
Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined at Izumi on a Saturday evening having made a reservation a while in advance. I had been here before and loved the sushi so returned for my birthday meal.

Izumi is a small restaurant with a sushi counter and a number of tables close together. We went for the counter and I recommend others do as it affords the most space.

We had the omakase tasting menu for two priced at €110. We also had a Kirin beer each and some tap water.

The tasting menu was a seaweed salad, miso soup, 7 sashimi each then 18 sushi each. Some I had never tasted before, eg the half cooked prawn and the half cooked tuna. Like last time I visited, the quality was excellent. I lived in Japan for a few years and this is the best sushi I’ve had outside of Japan.

Service, however, was a bit slow this time. The waiter wanted to take the order despite having not brought menus over and he seemed very busy throughout the night, despite only a handful of people in the restaurant.

Overall though, highly recommended.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Better than average sushi and very intentional in presentation (handmade pottery, sculpted wood) and selection (the fish was very fresh) but quite expensive. Nice, clean environment. An A for effort.

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Tried the Izumi menu which was perfectly balanced. Liquor offered at the end of the meal.
Small space, authentic know how and fish is amazing.

1  Thank SophieBrc
Reviewed November 29, 2016

The most authentic experience in europe so far! This resto has 6 tables, and no fusion sushi to be seen, just traditional nigiri and sashimi. Delicious omakase menu at very affordable rate with no cheaping out! Amazing ingredients, rice was both firm and melting in your mouth. Sake service very charming allowing you to choose your own cup. Chef and waitress are fantastic. Well worth the detour to Paris or St. Lazare.

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Dined alone in this small Japanese restaurant on a Wednesday evening. The proprietors spoke English, French and Japanese. Tables are very close together but the atmosphere was good.

I ordered the one person tasting menu which came with 7 pieces of sashimi followed by 12 pieces of sushi (all nigiri - salmon, tuna, sea bream fatty tuna (the best in my opinion) etc) and then 8 nigiri of prawn, eel, clam, eel and ikura (salmon roe). Each dish was served with wasabi / pickles as appropriate. All sushi / sashimi was excellent. Very tasty indeed. Also included was a bowl of edamame and miso soup to finish. I also had two large Kirin beers and a scoop of matcha ice cream - v nice. Service was friendly. The bill came to €72. Whilst a bit expensive, it was definitely worth it. Some of the best sushi I've had in Europe. I highly recommend.