“3 of us got FOOD POISONING!”
Review of La Brigout

La Brigout
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Brigout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,174 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Diner, French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very nice authentic decor
Excellent wine list
Friendly waiter

BUT, 3 of us got terrible food poisoning after we all had the Entrecôte. While the wine list was excellent the food menu was rather disappointing. It all started with the starters. The grilled chicken in the salad was as ice-cold like the kind of food that had been pulled out of a fridge just a few seconds before the serving: a clear sign that the salads were not freshly made on order. The chicken meat was hard like rubber, cold and had not taste. It has not even been marinated in a sauce. It has just been grilled in boring salt and pepper.

The entrecôte tasted great. But all the guests who had ordered it ended up having food poisoning for days after our dinner in "La Brigout"!!! The French fries were home made but badly cooked and came all soft and oily on the plates.

The dessert list was disappointedly short. All the desserts on the list were rather boring (fruit salad, cheesecake: too easy!)

4  Thank R M

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Menu does not contain too much meals but everything is fresh and renewed.
The wine card is really good and you will be well recommended by the waiter.
Chief in the kitchen has great imagination and good knowledge of different countries cultures.
He can also cook delicious typical french meals like boeuf bourguignon or american burger as well as international meals spiced or not.
I go to the restaurant once a week and I have never been disappointed about meal, wine or dessert.
Each day a different menu of the day is proposed for the price of 19€ and for this price you can taste starter of the day, meal of the day and dessert of the day.
This is for me a really good price for a complete menu fresh and delicious.
You must go to this restaurant if you live in Paris or if you only visit Paris.
You will never be disappointed by this restaurant, the atmosphere, service.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had an excellent meal here tonight after looking for somewhere near to our apartment on trip advisor. The staff were all very helpful and happy to explain certain things in English that we did not understand. The food was excellent and cooked perfectly (I would personally recommend the burger as it was delicious!) and great value, Would happily return here and recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was blessed to stumble upon this gem shortly after it opened. My friend and I were pulled in as we walked by and as it wasn't a meal time we opted for a dessert and glass of wine... We loved everything about the place and ended up coming back three hours later for dinner. We were able to talk to one of the owners about the restaurant and hear about his passion for high quality ingredients, great food, and experience in eating. Anytime I have friends that talk about Paris, or going to Paris this restaurant is one of the first things I mention. La Brigout is simply a high standard and quality place in a charming spot and with respectable prices. I can't wait to return.

3  Thank Milestiba-Amor
Reviewed February 2, 2013

From the moment we stepped into this warm and welcoming little restaurant, we knew we'd found a winner. We've lived in France for over 15 years and we would rate La Brigout as one of our favorites. The service was friendly and professional. They had a very nice selection of wine - we enjoyed a glass of their recommended wine for the month.
The pot au feu was prepared with a generous portion of succulent palerone instead of the usual meat scraps one often gets with this dish; the vegetables and broth were light and flavorful. My husband got their "hambergoise" and home made fries - he thought it was a very tasty burger. We each ordered the moelleux au chocolat with salted carmel - wow! After having had so many mediocre renditions, we were reminded of how fantastic this dessert can be.
To top it off, we actually got our check when we asked for it! What a treat - I hate having to wait 20mins. or more for my check once I've asked for it and am ready to go. We wish La Brigout well and hope to return soon. Great food at a respectable price.

4  Thank ABroad1