“Great experience!!”

Underground Paris
Ranked #7 of 137 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We're passionate about street art! On any one of our tours or workshops, we'll immerse you in the culture and history of the Paris and international street art and graffiti movement. The main street art and graffiti zones are in the north-east of Paris (Belleville tour), and in the 13th arrondissement (Left Bank), where you will be able to see a huge range of commissioned and unauthorised art, and occasionally, even meet the artists in person. We are known for being relaxed and informal, but also as experts - we are an organisation comprised of artists and documentarians, as well as plain enthusiasts, we're friends with many of the artists whose work we'll see, so our knowledge of the scene is direct from the streets. We also offer mural art workshops.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spraying on some walls in Paris is definitely an adventure! It looks so easy but it is not and I loved the experience of trying it out myself. It doesn't really matter if you are an artist or not, it is fun!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We did the 4-hour group mural workshop which was an absolutely incredible experience. They led us through picking the perfect spot, brainstorming/sketching out our ideas, teaching us how to paint, and getting to work on our mural. Demian and his friend were great guys to work with and were very helpful in teaching us artistic techniques and helping us get to an awesome final product. I did this with a group of friends but also think it would be awesome for work teams to do this as a team building activity. Also - would be even better in nice weather!

Recommendation bring snacks and wear clothes you can get a bit dirty in.

1  Thank Natasha P
Alt_Paris_Tours, Owner at Underground Paris, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hi Natasha
It was an absolute pleasure 'facilitating' you guys to create such an awesome mural! The macaron monsters were a particular favourite concept of mine. Meanwhile, about the spraypainted Sacre Couer - loving your work! If all else fails, you have a future at the Place du Tertre, fo sho!
The falafel at rue des Rosiers afterwards was also really great, and the clandestine / not so clandestine tequila shots.
Demian x

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Fabulous tour that gives a great insight into the spirit of street art and how it fits in the Paris community. Not to mention a wonderful walk around areas full of character. Thank you.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Demian had the best personally tinged stories that made the street art take on a new meaning for me, come to life in a sense. He was also sensitive and conscientious of the route he was taking me through the streets of paris, altering it to make it easier in my wheelchair without me having given him any prior warning that that is how i get around. He had a great sense of humour, a genuine love of the work and the world he was introducing us to and the whole tour managed to be pleasantly laid back, like wondering around with an extremely knowledgable friend - since i normally find tours to be stuffy and cumbersome this was really a big plus for me.

Erin, as my first ever wheelchair bound tour guest, I was gobsmacked when you rolled up. The usual prejudice's swilling around in my mind, as I objectified you, the redhead in the wheelchair! Who would have thought we'd be sipping coffee together in Le Marais a few days later, and you turning out to be the amazing soul who led me back onto Facebook! You know I'm planning on visiting you in NY? Iris messaged me as well mentioning you in equally magnificent terms. P.s. I went to the SPA in Gennevilliers today to look at dogs and cats. Was so, so sad!

Glad you enjoyed the tour!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I live in Paris and am constantly visiting the same wonderful sites and museums but decided to check out a tour of Parisian alternative cultural offerings: street art / graffiti art.
Demian Smith, our guide, was incredibly knowledgeable and though I had to leave a little early and was frozen due to the cold weather, I didn't want to leave as I was learning so much about the people and artistic expressions I have seen in passing but never knew the history behind or the people who took the time and effort to add their mark to the streetscapes of Paris...many of which are now historically important and are protected by the city of Paris. Thank you alternative Paris for an overview of the contemporary street art scene in Paris. I will definitely tell my friends and visitors about the tour!