“Loved this welcoming bistrot”
Review of Bistrot Du Temple - CLOSED

Bistrot Du Temple
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Loved this welcoming bistrot”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was my favourite by far on this trip to Paris. Imaginative beautifully cooked and well presented food for a good price. I had tuna carpaccio and the duck, my husband some fois gras and then wild boar. Good , good sauces, flavoursome but light and fresh. The owner and the head waiter run this place with passion, humour and with a great big welcome. Bravo!

Visited December 2013

aberdeen
“passion of the patron”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

from the moment you walk in you feel special here- the staff are totally committed to giving you the best possible meal in a relaxed ambience. VERY few patrons take the trouble to shake your hand in person at he beginning and at the end of the meal. The 38 euro menu was a delight. It showed true originality in presentation and content. The miniature ravioli served with a basil sauce followed by turbot with wassabi and a dessert of chestnut pistachio crumble with fresh strawberries was so good it made me want to go home and try to copy it ( always a good sign!!) What made the meal a real pleasure was the attentive and friendly service which was quite exceptional. Of all the years I have been coming to Paris this stands out as one of the best meals I have eaten. The meal was complimented by a superb bottle of Rully 2010 which although expensive was perfect.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Refinement for the budget traveller”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked through "the fork" application which allowed for a significant discount on an early sitting. The owners were very attentive and made excellent suggestions from a menu which was based on seasonal produce with simple presentations. The quantities were more than sufficient and prepared so as to highlight the qualities of the ingredients. Admittedly my first authentic french dining experience and an excellent introduction this was.

Visited October 2013
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Neighborhood Gem in the Marais”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This intimate and elegant spot in the 3rd arrondissement is a place that will make you feel welcome. The small menu changes based on what's fresh and available. A very nice wine list rounds out the evening. Highly recommend reservations (the Fork app will be most useful here). There's nothing wrong with the downstairs tables, but I prefer the upstairs level, by the window.
I ate here twice during my trip. One with my husband, and then solo. I felt as inconspicuous as possible as a single diner here.

The only drawback, as I see it, is that the menu is small, so you may not find tons to pick from upon arrival.

• Visited October 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“inventive food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We ate here one evening, having booked our reservation through lafourchette which gave us a fifty percent discount on the food which turned an expensive restaurant into a reasonable one. The food was French with fusion aspects as well as some unexpected touches. I had a chilled pea soup for my entree and a lamb and potato dish as my plate. The soup was quite good but the best thing on the table was the yellow pepper sorbet that accompanied my companion's salmon marinee. The food is really fine and the service excellent. If I lived in the neighborhood I would dine there again, but to venture there from the Left Bank is quite a haul.

• Visited July 2013