Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,437 of 18,205 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: TAJ MAHAL only 300 meters near by the Eiffel tower in Paris offers you an Indian tasty tour in a typical Indian decoration. Le Chef composes the menus with his most special spices which will enchant your papillae. "A la Carte", you will find all well known Indian classical cuisine items like samossa, chicken tikka, briyani, korma even keema curry, etc... Bon appétit.
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent indian food with friendly staff. A must visit for the india food lovers.... I am vegetarian so only comment on this. The food had authentic taste. We end up eating three days in this restaurant out of our three days visit to Paris. A special mention to friendly manager who apart from excellent service advice us to beware of pickpocketrs in Paris.

1  Thank Nitesh A

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for well over a year and everytime I am greeted as though I were a friend by the owner and his staff. It makes one feel very welcome when treated in that manner when oine is away from home on business.

The food is authentic and tastes very well as the pallet desires more with each bite. I highly recommend this restaurant as they are open 365 days per year.

The Chef is very maticulous in his deisre to prepare the food to very strict Inidan reciepes enhancing ones dining experience to the fullest.

I sincerely hope that yu will have as wonderful an experience I do everytime I set foot into this restaurant!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

After working with India 25 years and living in the country 4 years, my wife and I have learned to love Indian food. We therefore wanted to have one Indian dinner during our week end in Paris. Internet and Trip Advisor gave us a lot of choices, and we selected a restaurant with very good ratings close to our hotel. This was a big mistake.
We asked for vegetable somozas as a starter. Main course was Chicken tikka Masala and Lamb tikka Masala. We requested specially spicy food - and were very disappointed.
A vegetable somoza shall be crispy and contain a spicy mix of vegetables with potatoes as a base. We got something which looked like somozas, but they were chewy and not crispy. The filling was a non tasting potato pure without any trace of spice or for that matter, vegetables. It was cold inside and very hot on the outside. I have managed to get exactly the same effect by warming frozen somosaz in my microwave oven.
The main courses was of the same quality. Chicken tikka and Lamb tikka should come with a tick gravy. This came as pices of meat smeared with a pastlike sauce. Again warm on the outside and cold inside. The sauce was obviously reinforced with chili powder which were not given necessary time to blend in with the rest of the tastes. The meat was, however, tender. But when I licked off the sauce, it was tasteless.
All in all, a big disappointment. I was not into the kitchen but I left with a feeling that this restaurant get their food frozen from a central kitchen and add a little chilli onto the food before microwawing it.
If you want good Indian food, find another place.
Stein Torgersbraten, Norway

2  Thank Stein T
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Good quality indian food with very reasonanle pricing. Black Dal was amazing and paneer masala was also very good. With my three nights in paris, I had three dinner from them. One in there restaurant and two delivered in my room. After tiring day trip and disneyland, food being delivered in your room is great. If you are staying near eiffel tower enjoy your food in your room. Partho da, who runs the restaurant is very friendly and service oriented. I have attached a photo for pricing and address / phone no. of the restaurant

4  Thank Santosh M
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is pretty decent with average prices and good decor. The food is one of the better ones we have had in Europe. Staff was very friendly as well

1  Thank Aditya B