“Great overall” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,393 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Great overall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Like the reviews on other travel or sites, I had a rocky start here, but it ended up being perfect for me. I arrived during the first week in September to see a handwritten sign on the front door apparently stating the hotel was closed even though I had a one week reservation. The hotel lobby was dark and looked as no one was there. With the kindness of a stranger, she confirmed my suspicion since I don't know French, but was able to knock loud enough and a clerk said the hotel is only open for people with reservations only since the owners were away. Relief came upon me and I easily checked in. It took a coup,e of rooms until I got the right one since a couple of the bathrooms smelled like sewage. It is a recently opened hotel and I think it is working out some kinks like many other places do. My double deluxe room was great -- very roomy, clean, a bit plush, and identical to the photos on the website. It looked as though I was the first person to stay there. There was a/c, a room safe, flat screen tv and a nice roomy bathroom. Also had lots of outlets and lighting. The bed was very comfortable and it was relatively quiet. Housekeeping daily. Most of the staff were very nice and accommodating, though all weren't fluent in English and I had what seemed to be a few language barriers. The hotel was near a cute little neighborhood bakery called Bon jour, little markets and other bakeries, pharmacies, cafes, and monoprixe (along the lines of a smaller target), outdoor markets and by Paris's Chinatown. The hotel was a couple of blocks from two metros -- Tobiac and place d'italia. It was safe and easy to get around and only about a 10 minute metro ride to the tourist spots -- but was nice that it was more of a local spot and not touristy. I really enjoyed my stay overall and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Recommend the double deluxe -- roomy for one and works well for two.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Before we left me and my partner read the review below and were very worried about what we were going to find when we got to Paris, Much to our surprise the Hotel was open and we were allowed to stay! The hotel room was exactly like the photos, everything was brand new and very clean, i think we were however the first people to stay in our room as it had just been finished so it would explain why the person below could not stay as it is a brand new hotel!! The 3 people we met on reception spoke broken English but were very friendly and polite and they tried to do as much as they could for us, they didn't have their computer system up and running properly so trying to check in was a bit of a pain but not too bad still. I would recommend this hotel to everybody, it has close by transport to get you everywhere in Paris, lovely rooms finished to a high standard, and our room was cleaned and towels changed everyday. We stayed there for 4 days and had no problems with anything. The other great thing about this hotel was that the kitchenette had everything you could need, hob, microwave, fridge, all utensils, pots and pans etc, we didn't use it while we were there but if you did need it then it would have everything for you to cook a full meal. We stayed in a classic double our room was a comfortable size with plenty of room. Hope this review helps!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple