“Indifferent service.”

Ranked #6,908 of 17,611 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: Part of Maxim's-next door.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I'd heard that French waiters were rude but hadn't experienced it until I came here.
The middle-aged waiter directed us to a table next to another couple when there were plenty of other empty tables. Another couple were later squeezed in next to us, but they didn't stay after speaking to the same waiter. I wonder why?
We ate croque monsieur which was fine and had a small glass of wine (which was ok) sploshed into our glasses. Apparently pouring it like that aerates the wine and makes it taste better, but my point is that there was no finesse in pouring it. We also didn't get the water that we asked for.
The waiter was completely unfriendly and frankly was poor at his job. He shouldn't be employed.
The toilets also left a lot to be desired. I'd bypass this place.

2  Thank Brian C

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I just finished having lunch with three friends. Totally overrated and overpriced. Rude and careless waiters, the food (we all had different dishes) was - and I'm being generous - "uneatable", badly cooked, prepared, served and with cheap ingredients. This bistrot is indecent.

2  Thank Petma01
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was there 15 years ago on my business trip. I had french onion soup and half bottle of wine and they were literary saved my life as I was so tired at that time.
I hoped to have same experience and quality of food and services this time with my wife but was the big mistake.

Only things right were wine and water. Anything cooked were prepared wrong. French onion soup was cold!

People were nice but I have no idea what is going on in their kitchen. I cannot believe this is the bistro managed by Michelin 3 star restaurant right next to it.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

An affordable but equally special feeling place to grab a typically French brasserie lunch in a pretty much unrivalled location - between the place de la concorde and la madeleine

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went here for a quick lunch whilst sightseeing and had the worst foie gras I have ever tasted couldn't finish mine and my boyfriend had food poisoning as a result! The wine was nasty and cheap tasting whole place a rip off do not go!

1  Thank TravelCroxie