Hotel Hor
$279
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsgare dutrain stationsex shopsnice hotelgreat showerbusy areaconvenient locationcouple of nightsshort staywould definitely stay here againminute walkhotel is locatedthe hotel staffparis hotelsrooms are smalleurostarreceptionist
Reviewed July 9, 2014

For my real first time visit to Paris after 25 years (when I was a kid), I chose this hotel on short notice for quite some expense, paid 160€ per night and was expecting a good one. After coming in the metro station Gare Du Nord, I was a little nervous about the neighborhood. It was mostly immigrants around and some sex shops. However, entering the hotel I was relieved. We met the friendly and helpful staff and checked-in the room. The room was nice and new. Not much sound. The showers are great design. Internet was not reliable, mostly dropping or not having connection every 5 minutes (I think the bandwidth is not enough for all visitors), the cable they lent did not help. Anyway, we were not in Paris to surf the net, right? The only troubles we had was that the room was real hot, I think the air conditioner was not operated enough. The room was clean but the dust taking was not enough, every time I opened/closed the curtains I (felt like) sneezing. Overall, according to many reviews I read about Paris hotels, this is a good one to stay.

Room Tip: I had asked for a quiet room while reservation and our room was looking at the back alley. Not the best view but it was real quiet. If you are sensitive to noise, do the same.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Umut D
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I believe not having wifi in the rooms is a common thing for this hotel. We asked about it and the guy at the front eluded to the fact that they have not ever had wifi. It totally took the review down a couple notches. Nice hotel, great shower, poor cleaning, friendly staff. I paid 189$ euros for the room and think it was worth the price, but I would not return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I know Paris very well, and, although Gare du Nord is not amongst my favorite locations at all, I decided to give Hotel Hor a shot for two reasons: I wanted a quick arrival (and would have a particularly early departure) and, mostly, the hotel is brand new. I was very pleasantly surprised. It is purpose-built, so there actually are two nice-sized lifts. The lobby is nice and modern. Staff are great, really friendly, eager to help, and very pleased to offer all kinds of tips and advice to guests (and non-guests, as I witnessed). The room is on the small side, as expected in Paris, but very cleverly laid out. Nice-sized minibar with coffee-making facilities, compact work desk. The closet was actually very small, but there was enough space between the bed and the window to put the luggage stands and getting the suitcases out of the way. I actually found the bathroom excellent: very compact, but, again, very cleverly arranged. Large shower stall (completely enclosed) with a monsoon showerhead, a fairly large sink counter. Everything comfortable, clean, modern. I was by myself and the room felt perfect – Comfort category – but I guess if I were sharing it, it would have been too small - a Superior or Deluxe room might be advisable for two. As for the surroundings… the area is pretty much what I expected. By day it feels a little awkward due to its proximity to Gare du Nord (soooo convenient, though!), with lots of people hanging around, seemingly doing nothing, really. Just hanging around. At night, a lot emptier, but never too empty. I expected – was prepared for – it to be seedier by night than it actually is – to my surprise (and delight). Perfectly safe to walk around any time of day or night. Will stay again, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank CelloSP
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This was our first trip to Paris and we were a little apprehensive. Not to worry: our prepaid room was there in spite of our late arrival and they were waiting for us and greeted us by name. This in spite of the fact we had paid through an internet room provider and had never contacted the hotel directly. We paid extra for a slightly larger room and we were glad we did. The room was completely remodeled and very comfortable. The Gare du Nord station Metro lines provided travel all over Paris safely and easily a few steps from the hotel. We enjoyed the bakery and supermarket nearby as well. We stayed five nights and had the time of our lives.

If we're lucky enough to go back, we'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a slightly larger room after learning that most hotel rooms in Paris are very small by western U.S. standards. Our room faced the inner courtyard and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James T
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a very surprising hotel
The area (gare du nord) is terrible specially in the night, but when you pass the first sliding door of this hotel you fell cozy
Everything and everyone is nice
The staff is very nice with always big smile and ready to help
The rooms are cleans renewed.
Very nice bathroom with a big round window like you are in a boat
Big cabin shower
They have an inside garden very convenient where you don't feel the stress if the Parisian life
Breakfast is nice, large choice

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business