“Very Clean (although Very Small) Paris Apartment”

Helzear Montparnasse Rive Gauche
Ranked #677 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Washington, DC
“Very Clean (although Very Small) Paris Apartment”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I greatly appreciated the cleanliness of this apartment. Everything (AC, showers, beds, linens, etc.) were clean, new and in excellent condition. The kitchen was stocked with all you'd need to make a basic meal. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was very convenient. Plus, it's on a side street which meant that the area was very quiet at night.

However, the rooms are SMALL. When we folded out the sleeper couch, it touched the wall, making it impossible to walk around. The bed touched the wall on three sides, and the kitchen table was microscopic.

If you can deal with the small space, this is a great value for the left-bank.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, ask for a lower room if you don't want to (or can't) schlep up the sta...
1 Thank HT3777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This review should be either 5-star minus or 4-star plus. I stayed there two nights with my son and his wife. The location can't be beat. This is downtown Paris conveniently located to Metro and close to the Gare Montparnasse. That means you can hop a bus--Les Cars--from Charles de Gaulle airport get off at the Montparnasse train station and walk to your hotel. The staff are super-friendly, the rooms are clean and modern. I have only one minor complaint--the rooms are very small. Opening the daybed in the living room took up most of the floor space and access to the bath was through the bedroom. To be fair, we were putting three people in one suite. For downtown Paris, the cost was far less than I would have expected. Yes. I again would use this hotel if I returned to Paris.

Room Tip: One word of caution: I was not aware of any lift or elevator so that a person in a wheelchair would...
1 Thank Don C
Reviewed June 28, 2013

charming residence. the staff was very kind. They really care about the comfort of the guest. I was surprised by their help. So profosional and friendly at the same time. I loved my stay there so yes,i recomend

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank daveBN1
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was very surprised by the originality. I always stayed in hotel rooms when I travel and this was the first time I experienced the " aparthotel". I have already heard about the expansion and development of luxury apart'hotels and I wanted to taste it.Well, I'm not disappointed. For almost the same price as a hotel room, there is a sort of suite with a kitchenette and sofa bed. Great! so, Yes, I recommend definitely!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tinand2
Yass, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

An excellent place to meet the locals of the district of Montparnesse, local pubs & cafes around the corner were warm and welcoming. Though compact the property was clean & well organized. The courteous staff were helpful and welcoming. Would stay there again.

1 Thank Gaby B
HelzearManagement, Propriétaire at Helzear Montparnasse Rive Gauche, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and your review about your stay in our residence.
We are pleased to have satisfied you. Your satisfaction and comfort are our main goal.

I am also reassured to see that you had a safe trip back home.

We will be happy to see you again in our other apartment in Paris like at Saint Honoré, Montparnasse and in our new residence at the CHAMPS ELYSÉES (the opening will be in September 2013)

So I hope to see you very soon!

Timothée DE COURCY
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have to say our stay there was amazing , the staff was great they were very helpful, the location is perfect , in the heart of the city .
The apartment was clean , cosy it had its charms .
We stayed there for 4 nights and I cannot wait to come back next year Paris is such an vibrant city . I will definitely come back

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mariana B
HelzearManagement, Propriétaire at Helzear Montparnasse Rive Gauche, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your review about your stay in our residence and thank you for your time.
We are pleased to have satisfied you like you deserve and to know that you enjoyed your visit in Paris.
Your opinion is important for us.

We also hope to see you soon in our other residences, in Saint Honoré, Montorgueil and our new residence at the CHAMPS ELYSÉES.
So don’t hesitate to call our reservation department for your next stay, we will be happy to welcome you again.

I am so grateful to you.

Timothée De Courcy
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Helzear Montparnasse is a charming house of apartments. We stayed in an apartment which also accommodated my children in a large sofa bed in the living room. Although the space is limited, this is to be expected in Central Paris, but with its strategic location within moments from the metro station (direct link to CDG airport), it is ideal. The kitchenette and bathroom fittings were new and high end, and the interior was clean. There were two supermarkets round the corner, together with a row of bakeries, delicatessens, fruit & veg stalls and a fishmonger, where we were able to buy fresh produce - ideal for those on a budget. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ZuraidaKL
HelzearManagement, Propriétaire at Helzear Montparnasse Rive Gauche, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Sir, dear Madam,
Thank you for your recommendation and your review about your stay in our residence.
We are pleased to have offered you a comfort and a pleasant stay.
I will share your review to the entire team who will be proud of that.

We will be happy to welcome you again in our other apartment in Paris like at Saint Honoré, Montorgueil and our new residence at the CHAMPS ELYSÉES (the opening will be in September 2013). So don’t hesitate to call our reservation department for your next stay.

Timothée DE COURCY