“Good Selection of Wine!”

WINE by ONE Montaigne
Ranked #38 of 176 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Oennology is a difficult discipline to master without proper guidance and WINE by ONE has addressed this by creating a space wholly dedicated to wine. Whether you want to taste, really learn about wine, or even just want to be sure of buying a good bottle of wine, Wine by One has a solution adapted to your needs. There are several hundreds of bottles available for tasting including some fine wines and a wine tasting club. You'll be a connoisseur in no time at all!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Low key place, closes too early though @ 10 pm. Good selection of wine,Reasonably priced. You can even buy wine from here.
We enjoyed this place!!

1  Thank Slakh

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This amazing concept is wonderful if you have limited time in Paris. You get to taste all the wines of France and then some. if you go, make sure to try the white "Sancerre jadis"

1  Thank emahhal
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Went there today to find the perfect white wine that my girlfriend would like. Went in around 6pm and it was only me and two other people, but many people came and it quickly filled up!
I charged up 18euro + 2 euro for deposit amd had several decent 3cl tastings. Went through the rose white wines and found the perfect one for my girlfriend, so I bought the Grand Cru Chateau Simone Rose, sweet rose! Had a great experience! I would recommend!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have to say this is the most unique wine bar concept. You decide how much you want to pay, receive a card and are free to taste wines in varying serving size portions from 1-4 ounces. There are over 100 wines to taste of varying price points from very high end wines to more budget friendly wines. What is also great about this concept is the wine arrangement. The proprietor arranges the wines according to taste rather than by varietal or region. What is great about this is it allows the wine taster to try wines that match taste or a varietal they are familiar with, but at the same time encourages one to try wines from other regions. I found this to be an eye opener as I found myself experiencing wines from many regions and even varietals that I had previously written off.

And while we arrived mid afternoon, the proprietor did say that at night or when they do tastings, they often exclude cheese and charcuterie.

Lastly, there is also room for parties ranging from small to large with video capabilities, so the place can function as an amateur or professional wine tasting site, all during the same day.

My hope is that this picks up as a chain concept with sites opening in all major food & wine cities. As long as they arrange for local preferences, I think this would be a unique experience thus keeping it both new and fresh, but also familiar at the same time.

As a businessman and appreciator of wine I found this one of he best experiences Paris had to offer.

1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were on our honeymoon, in Paris and in search of a great place to learn more about wine and taste different wines from this region; lucky for us we happened upon Wine by One a fantastic way to try many different samplings of outstanding wines. The atmosphere is exciting and calming all at the same time. The owner Stephane came out himself to explain the concept and offer his assistance in selecting a wine for us to get started with! Strong work Wine by One!

3  Thank Sandycang