We were delighted with our stay! I lived in Paris many years ago and have visited many times since. This is my new favorite place to stay! The location is wonderful and very quiet for Paris—just a short walk from some of the best places in Paris (it was also fun to stroll through the Luxembourg Gardens each day which are just across the street). The RER/Metro for the hotel (Luxembourg) was a direct stop from Charles de Gaulle airport which was extremely convenient and the access is practically across the street. Our room was quite large by Paris standards (most hotels in Paris are extremely tiny), and even included a place to put luggage, a desk/chair, a refrigerator, a large closet, two nightstands, lovely lighting and handy reading lights by each bedside. The bathrooms are modern, clean and well appointed, including bathroom slippers and heated towel racks. The thing we truly enjoyed was the amount of light and the beautiful view we had from our economy priced room (we stayed in room 404). The “flat iron” shaped building affords every room large windows--a very, very unusual treat for Paris! Even the stairway had windows. Most hotels in Paris do not have views, and if you are in an economy room, you will probably be at the back of the hotel overlooking an airshaft. We overlooked the garden across from the back of the hotel and our room was so quiet we could even hear the small fountain in the middle of the garden all throughout the day and night if we had the windows open. On the very few occasions we came back to the room in the middle of the day, we enjoyed sitting and looking out the window at our lovely view. The weather was quite warm at times and our air conditioner worked very well when needed. They have complimentary wifi (a bit slow, but we were happy to have it), and a nice café is also attached to the building which can even provide room service if needed. The elevator was small, but we were glad to have it when coming in and out with luggage. We were greeted by name each day we were at the hotel, and the staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. It was my daughter’s birthday during our stay, and they even helped me arrange for flowers and macaroons to be waiting in our room upon arrival which was very special. I would VERY DEFINITELY recommend this hotel and we plan to stay here on our next trip to Paris!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located just next to Luxembourg Gardens and a few steps from La Sorbonne and the Latin Quarter, Hotel Obervatoire Luxembourg offers you a typical Parisian experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Observatoire Luxembourg Hotel
- Observatoire Luxembourg Paris