There are so many positive things to say about this hotel that I don't know where to start. The stylish rooms are beautifully decorated, with extremely comfortable beds, lovely linens, and extremely good lighting--obviously someone has paid attention to what makes a hotel stay comfortable. The room was immaculately clean, and the bathroom had excellent lighting, a powerful shower, and a fog proof mirror. Nice Fragonard bath products, cotton swabs and other toiletries --replaced every day. We also enjoyed the tea and coffee and the electric kettle and biscuits (even though we aren't British, it is lovely to have a cup of tea at the end of a long day of sightseeing). We were very lucky to be upgraded to a deluxe room, which came with lovely bathrobes and slippers, but all of the rooms are equally attractive--perhaps a bit smaller, but the size is irrelevant given the level of comfort and attention to detail. The halls and lobby are chicly decorated. We LOVED coming back to our lovely, cozy room every day.
But as everyone else has mentioned, what makes this hotel special is the warmth and attentiveness of the staff. Moustafa, Cyrille, Albert and Jessica---thank you for everything that you did to make our week wonderful. We had a bottle of champagne waiting for us (I had mentioned that we were coming to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary). We unfortunately lost our luggage and it took five days to arrive. Moustafa and Jessica made endless calls to Air France, and poor Moustafa cancelled and rescheduled our reservation at Taillevent three times ( we could not go because my husband required a jacket and tie, which was in the suitcase). They recommended restaurants, printed out maps, had our clothes washed at no charge, sent up a free breakfast, and showed their kindness and caring in every smile and exchange that we had. Honestly, I have stayed at many many fine hotels in my life, but I have never experienced such warmth and caring from the staff. We felt like family by the time we left. In the future I will only go back to the Observatoire in Paris, because it really was the perfect hotel .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located just next to Luxembourg Gardens and a few steps from La Sorbonne and the Latin Quarter, Hotel Obervatoire Luxembourg offers you a typical Parisian experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Observatoire Luxembourg Hotel
- Observatoire Luxembourg Paris