“Great location lovely boutique hotel”

Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg
Ranked #109 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Recently went to Paris as birthday treat and stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. It proved to be a great choice after trawling Internet for many months.We were attracted by the fact the it was very near an RER for travel from CDG.Our surprise was we saw the hotel sign when coming up elevator from Luxembourg metro station (last exit at station).The room was exactly as advertised and we were glad to be assigned high floor.We were welcomed by macaroons tea and coffee in the room these were replenished daily.The hotel is in great area Latin quarter very good brasseries and quaint little bars.We went to see the sights during the day and found most could be reached by foot the Panthenon is closest just a couple minute walk away but every sight was accessible by metro with Chatalet les Halles which serves all arrondissements being only 2 stops away.The hotel was ver clean and both towels and linen were changed daily.The lift although tiny was functional and could easily accommodate 2 people with cases therefore no need to climb stairs.Room size was fair by Parisian standards.
We were on room only basis so could not comment on brasserie but each time we passed it was always busy. We opted for the cafe next door Friends which sold coffee and pain au chocalat for 5 euros each which was more than adequate there was also a great selection of homemade lunch items too. I could not recommend the hotel highly enough the staff were always pleasant and we will be back hopefully very soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 403 side view on quiet street overlooking gardens
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HGCDG

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed at the property last week with wife and two 10-year olds. The property is clean, comfortable and is in a great location with access to the RER just steps away. I also liked the fact that the property was not a typical tourist destination. The front desk personel (especially Mustafa) was especially helpful and suggested a nearby restaurant which resulted in one of the best meals I've ever had. We will return the next time we are in Paris!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Le Regent is within a few minutes walk from the Metro, No need for changing trains if you are traveling from the airport. I found the location very convenient to central Paris and all the sites. The rooms are adorably, yet comfortably decorated. Windows were big in both bath and bedroom with plenty of light and fresh air. Hotel staff were very helpful. We had minor issues with our converters and staff came quickly to our rescue. A cafe' is located and connected to the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel! I love it.

Room Tip: Depending on your preference; but I liked the street view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel was perfectly situated near the RER B just steps away making this hotel extremely convenient if you are attending any conferences at the Exposition - Villepinte. Also within walking distance, access to amazing shopping and eating venues on St. Germain.

The hotel is a boutique hotel with modern, trendy bathroom, excellent bed with comfortable duvet bedding. Room was a bit small but overall had everything that you needed. In room safe, flat screen TV. Sparkling wine and macarons on arrival, Service was outstanding. Hotel staff all bilingual and extremely helpful with restaurant suggestions and very warm and welcoming

Great for solo as well as for business travel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sologirl108
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed for five nights at the hotel in September of this year and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The staff in particular we're so very helpful and charming in assisting us with any information we required and our comfort was of high concern to them. The location near the Sorbonne was quiet yet close enough to all areas of the Left Bank. Breakfast was wonderful in the attached restaurant and our rooms were perfect. The petite macaroons were a lovely touch. We would definitely recommend this hotel in Paris. Moustafa, you are the best!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are a little quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hani T
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Recently stayed here for four nights in October. The rooms are small, so you won't have much room to move if you have alot of luggage. The front desk staff was extremely helpful with dining suggestions and getting around town. You are within a very short distance to the RER station entrance. The rooms were quiet even in this busy area. Only drawback was no washcloths and they turned the air conditioning off to the whole building and our rooms got a little warm. Would defenitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough!

My mother and I stayed here for three nights at the start of October 2012. I had searched and searched the internet (and primarily Tripadvisor!) for the perfect hotel for our trip: I wanted a great location (safe, picturesque, quiet yet central, easy links to airport), clean and bright rooms, friendly staff and (of course) to have all of this within our budget. I feared I would not manage it. But Hotel Observatoire really, really delivered.

On our arrival, we were greeted by name - a wonderful start. As its website and other reviews can testify, finding the hotel from Charles de Gaulle airport is very simple - the RER Luxembourg is about ten steps away from the front door, and trains to/from the airport are direct from this stop. Moustaffa (apologies for any mis-spelling, sir!) was a warm, generous host (and very patient with my French) - as were all the staff we encountered, from the cleaning staff to the other receptionists to lady in the brasserie next door. Whilst I continued to speak French (or tried to) they all spoke wonderful English which helped when I got a bit stuck!

We had room 204 - a twin that overlooked the small street at the back, beyond which was a beautiful garden. I cannot speak for rooms at the front of the hotel, but our nights were near-silent, with virtually no street noise: surely a first for Paris??! The beds were comfy, the rooms were immaculate and the shower was hot, strong and roomy. And for Paris, the room was certainly large enough for our needs!

In terms of location, we could not ask for more. Les Jardins du Luxembourg are a delight: they are just opposite, and to wander through them is to feel part of Paris; the leaves in their full autumn colours when were there, and it was unspeakably beautiful. The brasserie next door is a good option for food; otherwise, there are some lovely bars and cafes five minutes walk up the Boulevard St Michel. (One recommendation is Les Editeurs, a further five minutes on and further west near the Opera. Tasty, affordable and crammed with atmosphere!) We walked to the Musee d'Orsay and Notre Dame in 15mins each. Also, the RER line from Luxembourg runs though Chatelet des Halles, from which you can jump on just about all the other Metro lines, so actually getting to any part of the city is pretty simple. Location was my main priority - and this was absolutely spot-on.

I'll end my review by saying that I am, by and large, a pessimist when it comes to booking hotels: I always fear I will be let down, that I have made a bad choice, that other people who have recommended a place will have experienced it on a "good day" and it won't be the same for me. My time at Hotel Observatoire has really changed this. I honestly can't imagine anyone being less than delighted with a stay here: I know that Mum and I were thrilled to bits to have used it as our base for a very happy time in such a wonderful city. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be back to stay here again before too long.

Thank you Moustaffa - and to all of the staff. We loved it! See you again soon........

1  Thank Sue041979