Filthy Hotel, Arrogant Management
I don’t know where to start with this review, but I know it was one of the worst hotel stay ever.
I never saw any 2 stars, yet 1 star, hotel that had a so unpleasant stay.
So let me start with the rooms:
- The armoire: one giant armoire taking 20% of the room, with no rows at all, you’re clothes have no place to go but remain in your luggage. Inside, was one wool cover, I got that out, to be welcomed by 2 dark pubical hairs straight on it. Thanks room service.
- The bed: so stiff I had backaches every morning.
- The pillow: it was so old that the cotton inside was in balls. I asked the management to change it or give me another one, they said yes sir of course. The night when I came back nothing was changed. So goes professionalism.
- The room window: here the filth takes another level, you have no idea the quantity of mold that was on that window. It was so disgusting I almost threw up when I wanted to close the window!
- The television: it was so high on the wall that you can’t watch it for more than 5 minutes without having neck aches. That’s stupid.
- The walls: there was grease on some areas of the wall I don’t know where that came from but I know why that was still there.
- The toilet seat: was off the floor, it shook each time you sit on it.
- The bath: you can barely stand there, the water balance is another trick.
- The hanger for the toilet paper was broken, you can still see the holes in the wall where that used to be. Never replaced, which means the only place where the roll could be is on the toilet seat!
- The water heater made noises all through the night I never understood why.
- On day one, the receptionist went to the kitchen in front of his desk, I swear I could see cockroaches running on the table inside. He never even noticed them!
- The breakfast is: quarter of a baguette, 1 croissant, 200ml. of juice, 1 coffee, 1 small honey and 1 small butter. This at 10 euros. Not even a buffet.
Enough with the filth, now, here comes my issue with the arrogant management. I had reserved a room for 3 nights. On the night of my arrival my flight was cancelled and I spent the night in the airport on a chair waiting for the next flight. I had the cancellation letter from the air company. I contacted the hotel’s management telling them my force majeur circumstance, they told me that they’ll try to rent the room anyway.
On the day of my arrival, I called the hotel from the airport, they confirmed that my reservation is still holding. Perfect I said.
I went there, and to my surprise, the manager insisted on charging me the whole 3 nights! His argument was that he never could rent the room to anyone! What the *! I said to myself that was no problem, I will remain on my level of honesty and show him my good will, maybe he’ll offer me the breakfast at least.
No, the next day, he called me, “sir you need to pay for your breakfast!” Oh really! You arrogant * you know I could’ve simply moved to another hotel, and paid for 2 nights in an Ibis Hotel which could have been surely cheaper and absolutely cleaner than your hotel! No way! I am never coming back to this pit and I totally advice you don’t as well.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Agora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agora Hotel Paris