“Good location, well priced for Paris”
Review of Hotel Agora

Hotel Agora
Ranked #1,326 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Located on the doorstep of the Chatelet Les Halles Metro station that brings you from CDG (Roissy) airport, this hotel was well priced by Paris standards. The room was comfortable and clean but not fancy. Reception is one flight upstairs which is a bit of a challenge if you have large luggage but there is an elevator from that level upwards. The man at Reception helped me with my bigger bag when he saw me struggling. Staff spoke some English and were happy to store my luggage for half a day after I checked out. WiFi was free.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed February 21, 2013

i stayed there last week for two night and left with a discomfort sensation. First the staff at the reception were very strange and at certain time even rude. The "comfort room" that we were supposed to have didn't look like the one we saw at the pictures shown on booking.com. The room was generally clean but the extremely old furniture (missing parts) made it look dirty. The blankets were old and with cigarette burning marks and didn't smell good. They didn't put any shampoo in the toilette( the smallest toilette i ever seen. you could get hurt by turning around). And the stairs were terrible: like dirty and not very stable. The lift was so small. And we payed 100 euros per night.

The only good thing was the location but you can find other better hotel around the zone with this price.

I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler T
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is less than one minute from Lescot exit at Chatelet-Les Halles. The room had inadequate heating for freezing weather. We found all staff extremely helpful. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants - a superb location.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon1944
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We booked a 3 night stay at Agora, a few weeks ago. The room was very small, but it had all we needed, since we only slept there at night, and we were out most of the time. No complaints about the daytime staff, they were very nice and helpful. The evening staff was a different story. We asked for clean towels, and help with dinner reservations, and I had to go down to the front desk for these. So, not only was it an inconvenience to me, the guy had an unfriendly disposition. If you are ok with an unhelpful night staff, then you will have no problems here. the location is good for Notre dame, subway and st germain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located, just at the entrance of the huge Chatelet-Les Halles Metro and RER station, and 10 minutes walking from Louvre and Notre Dame. The rooms have the traditional size in Paris (i.e., they are small), but they are clean and have adequate decoration. The only downsize was some street noise early in the morning. I did not try the breakfast, but it seemed well priced for the area (9,70 Euros). There was free internet.

Room Tip: Top floor (6) to reduce noise from the street.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ropongi
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I came to this hotel out of desperation one night when I had to escape from a party at a friend's house nearby where I was sleeping. They charged me 89 Euros for a room about as big as a closet with the worst and smallest bed imaginable. The room looked like it was only fit for prostitutes. Truly vile and dirty. You will not find any pictures of it on their website - wish I had taken one so you could see for yourself.

It was so awful I left after two minutes, since I could not imagine spending the night there. I tried to get my money back but the owner (a bitter old man who claims he is a dentist and that he "knows what clean is" - oof) refused to issue a refund, and tried to make up all sorts of lies, like I ate a sandwich in the room and saw it twice, blah blah blah. Imbeciles. I told them to check their surveillance footage if they believe I was there for more than two minutes, but they said the surveillance isn't working and they would have to get a guy to play the tape.

I went to the police station but unfortunately the police don't handle issues like this (it was considered a civil issue) and I didn't feel like wasting my whole day dealing with these crooks.

AY!!!!

Eventually after causing a scene, the owner agreed to give me back 40 Euros for a room I entered for 2 minutes.

An awful, depressing place, which you should avoid if you have any respect for yourself.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank TRACEY5000
Reviewed December 2, 2012

GREAT location, easy access from the CDG airport and centrally located. Perfect location to explore the city. The room was OK. I stayed on the 5th floor, in a room with balcony. Small bathroom. The elevator didn`t serve the ground floor, and it was too tiny.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo