“Nice food and wine but expensive”
Review of Coinstot Vino

Coinstot Vino
Ranked #1,975 of 21,056 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vivienne
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Nice food and wine but expensive...
there is not much choice but the meals are good, the service is not at the same level, we had a waitress who was not concerned at all that it was almost funny! We could not order the tiramisu but the ganache au chocolat was very good; maybe not enough for the price.
The wine was also very good even if we did not get an appropriate advice; it was "red or white"?

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed July 1, 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this place while visiting the panorama passage. At 12:30pm the place was almost full with locals (which is always good). It's a small menu, mostly Italian food and not French, simple, fresh and very cheap even the beer was great. Go there, you'll love it...

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank capuni1
Reviewed February 19, 2017

The food is nicely prepared and the service is very friendly but the only real reason to make a detour here is if you are a big fan of natural wines. No complaints but there are many more interesting places to eat and drink in Paris.

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank GrillMeisterNYC
Reviewed December 14, 2016

I was in Paris for seven days (late May-early June) this year for the first time and as you can imagine I fell in love... although during my stay the Seine was flooded!
We walked so much because I wanted to discover the city on foot and this restaurant might be the best discovery of all!
It is located in the Passage des Panoramas and it consists of two separate spaces plus more tables al fresco outside in the covered gallery. We read about it in our Lonely planet guide but that day we came across the restaurant almost by chance.
We were very lucky to find a table for early dinner without a reservation. Our waiter, Quentin, was the man who needs to get so much credit. A polite and engaging host who helped us with everything and felt like a long-lost friend in his amazing way to treat first-time customers who barely spoke not-even basic French.
He gave us the blackboard with the day's options in appetizer, main and dessert. You can choose for a fixed price an appetizer and a main, a main and a dessert or all three of them. And you can add pizza to that when it is available. Please do! It is great. We had the tomato-mozzarella one and it was just great (thin crust with high quality ingredients)!
I will not get into details on our specific dishes because they tend to change them so probably the menu today has nothing to do with the one six months ago. But go with an empty stomach and try as many dishes as possible.
The only special note I feel I have to make is about the 'pluma iberico'. That was a life-changing pork dish! That alone is my reason to visit Paris again! I love it! Simplicity in all its glory; a beautiful piece of meat with a great dark sauce, baby potatoes and veggies.
Quentin led us through their interesting wine menu as well. We followed his advice and didn't choose a bottle but let him choose different glasses of wine for us. Coinstot Vino specializes in natural wines. I didn't at that point have much experience in that area neither did my partner. We enjoyed each glass immensely. If you don't know as well let them help you! They know what they are talking about.

If you have a very tight schedule skip the Eiffel tower but not this restaurant.

I will sum this up by telling you that in seven days we went for two dinners and a lunch there. Our experience of food and service was just excellent!

Merci Quentin! Merci Coinstot Vino! I will most certainly be back.

Maroula (crazy greek girl)

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank marouladesigns
Reviewed July 16, 2016

Had a nice relaxed meal with good wine in an original setting. Quite a few tables laid out in the passage, obviously known to the locals. We had a variety of starters, meat, fish and pizzas - all on the generous serving side, all good. Worth a visit.

Date of visit: July 2016