“A rural French delight in the middle of Paris”

La Cuisine de Philippe
Ranked #61 of 17,863 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: It opened in January this year at the location of the former Kiwi Corner restaurant. It has been rated on thefork.com website at 8.2/10. We've eaten there and found the restaurant to feature classic French cooking, extremely well prepared in a small congenial restaurant across from the Luxembourg Gardens. We sampled the dishes and found all of them very good to excellent. Nice choice of reasonably priced wines too. I particularly liked the Grand Marnier Souffle. The best part is the very reasonable prices which are shown on the thefork.com website.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We only had one night in Paris, so were disappointed to find La Cuisine de Phillipe fully booked. However on checking out of our hotel opposite at midday we walked straight in and got one of only 2 tables that weren't booked and enjoyed a delightful and delicious lunch. The special of the day Garlic Mushroom souffle was divine, melt in the mouth and light as a feather. My husband had the lobster and was very impressed. I had the devilled veal kidneys nicely spiced with a good kick of mustard and chilli - perfect and delivered with the smoothest and creamiest mash potato. The canard pie - similar to an english shepherd pie was also delicious. We finished with the creme brulee and apple pie and were not disappointed.
This is a 30 seater restaurant managed and run by one waitress and I couldn't fault the service, we were never left waiting and I truly felt as if I had found a quaint little restaurant in a remote french village where all the customers were regulars.
I would recommend it in a heart beat - we paid 57 euros for three courses and a glass of wine - the previous evening we had paid nearly that for 1 steak in one of the ubiquitous anonymous street restaurants.
I am delighted that restaurants like La Cuisine de Phillipe exist.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife and I dined here based upon the numerous good reviews. I in particular go out of my way for a stand out soufflé, hence our trip to Cuisine de Phillipe. My first concern about our dining experience was that while having a ceiling mounted A/C it was in the standby mode with a heat index in the 90s. Tough to enjoy hearty French food when so hot and the proprietor does not have the good sense to turn on A/C. On to the food... A soufflé is pretty much supposed to float off the plate, I had the lobster and crab and my wife had the cheese soufflés and both were heavy and watery inside. Neither one us could finish them. For our main course we each had the ravioli entree. It came floating in a sauce that was tasteless and minimal amount of seafood. For our desserts I had their grand mariner soufflé and my wife had the apple tart. Neither had flavor and my soufflé was again watery. The proprietor ( maybe Phillipe) was a sweet older gentleman that greeted everyone and my wife and I almost did write of our bad experience out of respect for him. The other side of that coin though is others might waste an evening in Paris at this resturant so we broke our silence.

3  Thank Kurt S
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Followed Lynley Bunton's review and as we have been staying in the Latin Quarter for 7 weeks, have been trying out local places to eat, booked for an evening meal.

This was a lovely experience- had run out of canard unfortunately so choices a bit limited. However enjoyed and really impressed with the souffles, we had one pistache, and one salted caramel - great.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I finally found French food we loved! La Cuisine de Philippe is a small restaurant located across from the French Senate away from the tourists and crowds. Make a reservation and get directions before. we almost walked past it.

Our appetizers, cheese soufflé and lobster soufflés were cooked perfectly. We got the lamb and fish as our mains. Both delicious. For dessert we got the crème brule and of course a dessert soufflé. Once again the soufflé was cooked perfectly.

Philippe the chef came out near the end of the meal and chatted with us for a few minutes. A nice ending to a great meal.
Meal was reasonably price including a main. All food can be purchased a la carte or a 3 course meal including an appetizer, main and dessert.

2  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Lovely small restaurant on the Left Bank. The soufflés were amazing. Chef and owner Phillippe is incredibly gracious!

1  Thank K F