“Continues to be an amazing restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Cuisine de Philippe
Ranked #61 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: It opened in January this year at the location of the former Kiwi Corner restaurant. It has been rated on thefork.com website at 8.2/10. We've eaten there and found the restaurant to feature classic French cooking, extremely well prepared in a small congenial restaurant across from the Luxembourg Gardens. We sampled the dishes and found all of them very good to excellent. Nice choice of reasonably priced wines too. I particularly liked the Grand Marnier Souffle. The best part is the very reasonable prices which are shown on the thefork.com website.
Montreal, Canada
“Continues to be an amazing restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We went an additional two times because the food is so good. The souffles are to die for. We have never had a dish and souffle which was not truly excellent. Be sure to make reservations since the restaurant is quite small and is often full. Philippe who is the owner and chef typically comes out at the start of evening to say hello which I think is very nice.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“One of the most amazing meals ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Had the most wonderful dinner at La Cuisine de Philippe on June 6th.
This is a really small place (about 10 tables), run by Philippe.
Food was a delight. Flawless preparation. We savored every bite, and already thinking about the next time

Do not miss the following dishes
* Blue Cheese Souffle
* Grand Mariner Souffle
* Duck Breast

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank OREPO
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
“You get sick of souffles pretty quick”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed directly across from this restaurant and our party of four ate there 3 times (only twice for me). I found the penchant for souffles for entree, main and dessert a little limiting. There's no doubt the dude can hammer out a decent souffle, but I found the food generally too rich (hence why I skipped the third visit with our group). Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but 1 visit is probably enough.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 1800hammer
Greenwood, minnesota
“Spectacular--John from Minneapolis.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner last night on June 6. Perhaps one of the best meals ever. Quaint and intimate. We both had the lobster bisque soufflé and the sea bass with mushroom risotto. We can only say they were both heavenly. The sauce with the sea bass was delicate with only a hint of tarragon. The mushroom risotto was a perfect compliment. I had the pistachio soufflé with pieces of chocolate for desert. I am not a desert guy, but it was so good I didn't want to share it. I wasn't going to write because I would like to keep it a secret. We give it our highest rating.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank John L
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Wonderful food, adorable owner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the Luxembourg Parc hotel and this restaurant was directly across the street so it was very convenient after a long flight.
The restaurant is small but quaint. The soufflés were amazing! And the owner was very sweet, he came and sat with us for a brief moment to make sure we enjoyed everything. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

2 Thank emkat2014