“Gambetta Gem”
Review of Nadaud Hotel

Nadaud Hotel
Ranked #581 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Superb family run hotel located in the east of Paris beside Gambetta metro station and next door to The Pere Lachaise Graveyard. Small but comfortable rooms with spotless bathrooms,friendly staff and delicious breakfast served in your room at your requested time. Far enough from the city centre to not feel like a typical tourist but mere moments from the underground that will take you anywhere in the city. Reasonable rates,have stayed many times and will return!!!

Room Tip: All rooms face the street,no brick wall views!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Der48

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our family of three stayed here for two nights the end of November. The hotel is close to train and bus. We were on street level. I would not recommend being on this level as one could not open curtains or window. Heard everything going in building and street. I've herd other floors are better. The room was simple but clean and for the price, reasonable. Would stay again but on a different level. The owner was lovely and tried to change our room but there was nothing available during his busy season. He did try and we really appreciated his kindness as we are also in the hotel business. It is hard to find a good place in Paris for this cost.
If you are looking for an inexpensive small hotel near everything, this is a good option. Had we been on a different floor and in a quieter location we would have given this place 4 stars but since we were on street level and could not open a window we had to give it average. Keep working on improving as you have a cute private little hotel that has a lot of potential.

R.A - Como, Italy

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Robin A
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was my 2nd stay in Nadaud. (5 days) I chose this hotel because of the location the first time.. I discovered the area and liked it more and more... The nice restaurants, the calm neighbourhood, the poetic and calming cemetary 'Père-Lachaise' next door, that I always wanted to visit when being in Paris but never did. Being that close now I could visit every day! (I DID) My first stay was good. Reason enough to book for a second time. This second stay was fantastic! When I am traveling alone, I am much more sensitive about the place where I stay. It needs to be a "feelgood" place. Nadaud definitely is... Now even more than before! It has been renovated for the better. Rooms, staircase, bathrooms etc. Quite a surprise, because I didn't expect this at all. It kept its intimacy BUT completely rejuvenated:
A perfectly successful facelift! The decent use of a new color palette brings in much more joy to your stay. It also has given the staff a boost! They were so friendly and very helpfull. Patiently advising me on whatever question I had. Like; transport, resto's, exhibitions, cinema's etc etc. (also in English, because speaking the French language is sooooo difficult for me) The bed was comfortable; I slept very well after strolling on the long Paris boulevards...
AND for me; the Breakfast-in-Bed... is the ultimate treat!!!
A friend had mentioned this place years ago. (Thnx Eric!)
I have been running a 5 room B&B myself for 10 years and escaping from work was a must every now and than. Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona, London and Paris are my favourite cities. If you travel a lot, and have some experience in THE field, you don't accept bad places anymore.....I've seen soooo many...
Next time Paris? Next stay NADAUD!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
12  Thank Erjee
Reviewed November 1, 2013

An absolute gem. I was originally attracted by the high rating coupled with a very modest (for Paris) price. The 20th was not somewhere I knew and I was very pleasantly surprised. It has loads of good value restaurants and excellent shops within a very small radius and is perfectly placed to access all the main sites of interest by Métro or bus. Travel in Paris is efficient and cheap. The hotel was fantastic value and is just a few metres from the underground station and the bus stop. Our room was small but spotlessly clean with quite a spacious bathroom. The highlight though was the staff. Very knowledgeable and amazingly friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Dick2208
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at one of the top floors in one of the "bigger" rooms. It's still very small though. Just enough space to walk around the bed to the bathroom. The bathroom was actually more spacious then expected.
The rooms are very clean though and they offer breakfast (extra charge) which they bring up to your room as there is no restaurant. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
Location wise you're in a fairly calm neighborhood with a metro stop at the corner and the entrance to the Père Lachaise cemetery within walking distance. Getting to any of the major sites by metro takes a bit of time though.
There are plenty of restaurants and bistros in the area.
Would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank GIAmsterdam
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our first time in the 20th and the Nadaud proved a useful base. In the course of upgrade during our stay - and there was a bit of dust to contend with! The false fire alarm activation during the night wasn't conducive to sleep but the revellers on Bastille night had put paid to that anyway!
Staff were pleasant and friendly.
I would actually classify the place as "good" but the rating blobs don't permit this.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dai_morgan
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have read a lot of good reviews of this hotel but when I checked via booking.com, it was fulled booked. I then tried contacting them through their website and was glad to know they had available rooms for our group of 5. The prompt response of the staff to all my concerns via email impressed me and meeting them personally upon check-in validated this. They were very friendly and helpful and made suggestions of where and what to see. The location is very convenient as there is the Gambetta metro station a few minutes walk away plus another metro Pere Lachaise on the other side. I must mention this because when the ticket booth at Gambetta broke down we used the other station. The hotel is also close to the bus stop; takes a while (take bus no. 69) but you get to see the different sights along the way. Also, there are cafes, restaurants, fruit shops, grocery store and bakery nearby. Our room was on the 5th, also newly renovated. Space was enough for 2 plus one extra bed and the bonus of seeing Eiffel tower from the room. The area where the hotel is situated is quiet and not "touristy" at all and you get to see a glimpse of how locals go about their daily lives. The hotel is undergoing renovation so some construction noise can be heard from time to time but it was not something intolerable. Our train to London was in the evening but they gladly allowed us to leave our luggage after check-out so we were able to see some more sights and do last minute shopping in Val d'Europe and Galleries Lafayette. This is my 2nd time to visit Paris and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room that has a view of the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends