“Very good choice”
Review of Nadaud Hotel

Nadaud Hotel
Ranked #581 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed just one night and quite enjoyed my stay. The staff were warm and accomodating. My room was fine, with classic Parisian neighbourhood views in all directions. I specifically selected this area for its real, non-touristy quality and enjoyed wandering around in all directions. It's a couple blocks from both Pere Lachaise Cemetary and the Metro. Also lots of shops and restaurants surround.

My room was large enough and comfortable. I always find European bathrooms small but this one was not too. Furnishings and bedding were newer/modern but the room itself (and fixtures like wall-mounted hair dryer), though clean, felt and looked old, so I was happy to see that the building was under renovation. I had no noise or disruption from this. Whenever I first entered the room, it had a noticeable odor of insecticide (?) -- whereas I would have preferred air freshener -- but this didn't persist in bothering me.

I loved opening my door to a nice lady handing me breakfast in bed in the a.m. and also appreciated any extras staff did.

I must say that I was relieved to find this hotel that is not only quite reasonably priced for Paris, but with good proprieters, plus in a convenient area. Would definitely recommend and return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank shnti

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed on the 6th floor, and my parents were in the room across the hallway. The rooms had just been renovated, and you can tell they put a lot of money and effort into making them look great. The bathrooms were newly tiled, and large! Having been in Paris before, the bathrooms were huge (I'm talking Paris standards here), and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to squeeze through the shower doors as in other cramped Paris hotels (and I'm a regular sized person). We could see the Eiffel tower and other sites like Sacre Coeur from our room windows, a comment you can't say from many Paris hotels! The staff was very friendly. The location was convenient, with a metro stop a maybe 100 meters away, and a bakery and grocery store within walking distance. We ate dinner one night at the restaurant on the corner and the food was fantastic - much better than the tourist menu stuff we had in the Spanish quarter one night. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The 6th floor rooms had a great view.
7  Thank nimen_hao
Reviewed June 11, 2013

A good hotel for the cheap price paid. A bit far from the central attractions, but the very close metro station nullified that. You can find bakeries, grocery stores, wine shops, cafes, cheese shops, fast food, all you need just on the neighboring streets. Rooms were cleaned, common bathroom was very clean, bed was comfortable. A very good choice for someone wanting to visit Paris on a budget.

3  Thank Razvan P
Reviewed June 10, 2013

"Paris is known for many things, but the quality of hotels is not one of them". With this in mind, I was prepared to take a bit of risk by opting for a lesser reviewed hotel, and the risk paid off pretty well. I've organised this review on the basis of my original search parameters and rated the hotel in each category. We stayed for 4 nights here.

Location: 5/5
Paris metro is just a few minutes walk from the hotel. The entrance to the subway is just a building away, but you have to walk a bit inside the tunnel (which is quite common in the Paris metro). With the metro station so close even with the hotel a bit off the central areas, I have to give it a full.

Wifi: 5/5
Free and fast wifi all through our stay inside our rooms (even on the 6th floor) was well worth it.

Reception service: 5/5
The two girls (Alexandria and Cindy) were very helpful in assisting us in many things from giving us shopping tips to lending us an umbrella. They were also very prompt to answering our queries through emails prior to our trip with to-the-point and helpful answers.

Room service: 4/5
Not much offered here.The bed linen got changed everyday and the room cleaned. No free drinking water, no restaurant at the hotel, which was something which left us wanting at times.

Size and quality of the rooms: 3.5/5
We were allocated the room on the 6th floor with a very good view of the city (Eiffel, SacreCoeur, etc) which I absolutely loved. Room was very clean, though small (No separate area for suitcases, which was a bit inconvenient) but had separate bathroom and cupboard which partially made up for it. Bed was just about enough for 2 ppl. No free water bottles though. Noise was almost zero, so had very good sleep everyday. Be sure to ask for the 6th floor rooms when you are there.

Value for money: 3.5/5
I would be happy to pay 15-20 euros less than the 95 I paid (per night).

Breakfast: 2.5/5
Breakfast was a big let down. For 8 euros, I expected more variety. We ordered breakfast for only on one day.

Overall: 4/5

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newly renovated 6th floor, preferably having a view of the Eiffel tower.
3  Thank vamsee256
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Found this little hotel 20 mins from Paris on the metro. Our room was on the first floor and we were able to access toilet and shower facilities directly across from the room (not all bedrooms have bathroom and showers) Staff were very pleasant when we arrived at 11am. despite check in being after 3pm they allowed us to avail of our bedroom which we were very pleased with as we were extremely tired from our journey! Breakfast the next day was served very promptly to our room and although we had to eat in our bedroom it wasnt too inconvenient. Rooms cleaned each day and fresh towels provided. Perfect for anyone searching for a budget hotel I don't think you would be disappointed. Gambetta Metro was about 10 min walk which was great. One slight problem was that the traffic at night time and throughout the early hours was irritating but we managed fine with earplugs! Thanks for a comfortable stay would return in future.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank SabrinaC83
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was extremely fortunate to have stayed at the Nadaud Hotel during my few days in Paris, I had spent a while trying to find a reasonably priced hotel with adequate facilities in a decent location in Paris and eventually came across Nadaud. It is very conveniently located less than a minute away from the Gambetta Metro station where it takes 20 minutes to reach the heart of Paris. There are also plenty of shops and cafes a few minutes walk away from the hotel and quite vibrant.

The staff at the hotel were very pleasant, informative and helpful. Some of the facilities were perhaps a little bit limited, for example I had to use the shared bathroom on my floor and the shower facilities were on the first floor (I was on the fifth floor) but it wasn't really a problem. The breakfast service was more than adequate and the room facilities were comfortable and clean. The area was also quite peaceful at night and for the amount I spent represented good value for money.

Should you wish to spend a few days in Paris then this hotel is more than adequate for the price and if you take advantage of the Metro network then you will also find it cheap and convenient to travel around the city.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Drum_Davey
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful and friendly. The hotel is few steps from the metro and the bus stop. Also nearby is the pere lachaise cemetery. Great local restaurants and pubs. The room was nice and clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends