Legend Hotel by Elegancia
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Hotel Le Six(Paris)
1,212 results
All reviewsrue de rennesmemory foam mattressst placideecho roomrose petalshonesty barmetro stationboutique hotelmontparnasse towerbed and pillowsthe hotel staffrooms are smallrecommend this hotelthe bed was extremely comfortableour honeymoonwould definitely stay here againlocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a room overlooking the garden. Decor was hip and modern but cozy and understated. Loved the delicate leafy ceiling lights. The room was tiiiiiiiny, but comfortable enough -- there were enough places to stash our belongings, just no extra square footage whatsoever. Our room was really quiet, but while I liked the idea of the tempurpedic beds, I quickly learned that I personally don't sleep that great in them. Oh well. I'd echo some of the previous complaints about the water from the shower getting everywhere but I know that's just how many European showers are (great rain-head water pressure though). I also think I knocked the toilet paper roll off the holder every single time I used the bathroom -- just not the best layout.

The staff was cordial and helpful, just in a reserved way. They were basically helpful and friendly enough to get the job done without going above and beyond.

A big factor in our choosing this hotel was the location -- we wanted to be in a cute neighborhood without feeling like we were in the middle of tourist-ville. I wouldn't have minded it being just a teensy bit closer to certain areas of Saint Germain, but it's so close to the Saint Placide metro stop that you can easily get anywhere you want to go. Tons of shopping, cafes, and restaurants nearby.

Overall, a chic, well-located stay in Paris. Worth checking out!

1  Thank Sonia D
DirLegend, Directeur général at Legend Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Sonia D,

We would like to thank you for taking some time to fill out our questionnaire.

I am delighted to learn that your experience at the Legend hotel left you a pleasant memory. Your compliments allow us to improve our welcoming desk and the quality of our departments. It also boosts my team with regard to the fulfillment of their work.

For the water leak after the shower, we are deep in thought and we hope to find a solution soon. I am delighted to hear that my team has been helpful and do not worry, I will tell them.
For the check out, we will improve the speed

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Legend for three nights in September. Overall, it was a decent stay, but it didn't live up to many of the other reviews I saw here. We arrived after 4 pm, but the staff still had to check and see if our room was ready (it wasn't). We only had to wait 15 minutes, but in any case you would think that by 4pm all the rooms would be ready to go. We stayed in room 106, which is beautifully decorated (albeit tiny). The room does have some flaws.

First, the translucent curtains next to the bed are a hazard. They literally touch the side of the bed, and it is really easy to get tangled up and trip on them, especially at night. They are a huge pain and need to go. At the very least, there should be a way to tie them back somehow. It should be noted that the beds were Tempurpedic (one of the reasons we booked this hotel) and comfortable. The mattress pad underneath could have fit better - it moved around a fair bit. The pillows, also Tempurpedic, were good.

Second, there was no soap. They provided a small container of body wash, but no washcloth, sponge or pouf to use with it. When asked for regular soap, they said they were out of it. We had to buy bar soap from the store across the street. The bathroom also had a toilet that was just a couple inches from the wall (good luck, left-handers!) and a glass shower panel door that did little to block the insanely high pressured water from the shower head from spraying all over the bathroom. The bathroom ventilation is non-existent. The drinking glasses were not replaced at all during our stay, even though we used them every day.

Third, there was no minibar price list, tv channel guide, etc. I have a feeling this was just our room, but in any case we had no idea how much that Toblerone was going to cost until checkout. (Note: it was a reasonable 3.50.)

The front desk staff were cordial, polite, didn't laugh at my awkward attempt at French, and were helpful in giving us directions a few times. But in general, it just felt that they were sort of unprepared for our visit. This hotel has a lot of potential, but it has a few kinks to work out to make it top-notch. The location is pretty good, and the hotel is very pretty. I gave it 4 stars because it was clean, and a good value compared to similar Paris rooms.

Room Tip: Room 106 is just so-so.
1  Thank cincy814

Dear Cincy814,

Further to your stay in our hotel, I can see that you did not have a good experience or a dream with us. I wanted to thank you for the time you have spent to fill up our questionnaire as it does allow us to improve continuously the quality of our services and amenities.

I understood that you did not like the decoration of the bed. The lace curtains around the bed is the concept of our room: it is the future canopy bed :-) You have the possibility to put the lace curtain behind the wall lamp. It is possible. However, I am happy to hear you have liked the tempur mattress and pillows.

About the check in, we are trying to do our best, to respect the correct time. Then, we prefer to do to wait for our guests few more minutes and to be sure that the room is fine and cleaned.

For the bathroom, we thank you for your comments. It is true; we have no wash clothes in our hotel. For the soap, I am surprised because normally you have some welcoming amenities in front the washbasin: soap, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. I am so disappointed if you did not have them in your room and I will check with our head housekeeper..

For the minibar price list, the rate is normally attached on the windows door. We will check and thank you for your help. About the room directory, we have one in each room and the guest before you has kept it with them. So, it was not possible to give you another one immediately. Actually, we are waiting for our room directories in English, Brazilian and more in French.

We are conscientious that we have to improve our service and to continue to train our reception team. Our objective is to make that our customers have a pleasant stay, a very pleasant stay.. However, Thanks very much for your compliments about our stars. I will tell to our owner but, in first we would like to insure our three star services.

The manager team

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Rooms were small (expected in Paris) but very efficiently laid out. We never felt cramped and found the room to be extremely clean and comfortable. Modern yet not overly trendy decor. Staff was great and always helpful. Not in the heart of the action in Paris but easy walking distance and very lose to Metro. My wife and I loved the local bistros, bakeries and neighborhood feel. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear David D,

We would like to thank you for taking some time to fill out our questionnaire.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This divine hotel was well located, friendly staff and a great room with. Balcony overlooking St Germain. The hotel was super clean, great products in bathrooms and so refreshing and new. We loved it very much. Thanks everyone at hotel legend. One day we shall return.

Dear Madam, Dear Sir Victoria B,

Thank you for having taken time to give us your feelings after your stay in the Legend hotel.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel has a great lobby, helpful staff, and a great location that is situated in between Saint Germain and Montparnasse with easy access to multiple metro stations.

We reserved a deluxe room, which was larger and situated on the first floor. The room was very spacious - bigger than our room in London at the Hilton - and overlooked Rue de Rennes. With our booking came a free breakfast daily for my wife and I (15 euros otherwise) - the breakfast was good, but I do not each much breakfast and therefore would not have paid for the breakfast if it was not included in the room.

Our first night in the room was great, but midway through the second night the A/C turned off. We noticed it in the morning when it was quite stuffy and notified the front desk. We were told it was reset and fixed and it worked the rest of the day. However, that next night around 2am, the A/C cut out again and the room was stifling hot since it was a warm night outside – our only option was to open the windows, which brought in outside noise since the night staff was not able to do anything - did not know where to fix the issue - and we unfortunately had to wait until a fix for the next day. It made for an awful night of sleeping. The hotel did give us 10% off our stay for the two nights affected, but it soured us a bit. The other issue is that it is a wide-open shower plan, which is nice, but the shower floors get soaked. Unfortunately for us, the people staying above us must have splashed water everywhere because we came home late in our trip one day to find our carpet near the bathroom soaked as water had seeped down the walls from the room above. This continued for two days - we mentioned it to the staff twice, but we let it go. Finally, the TV channels aren't much - no English channels in our room, but you're not in Paris to watch TV.

All in, I liked the hotel and wanted to give it four or five stars due to the location, nice lobby, comfortable beds, and larger than normal rooms, but when the A/C fails twice and you have the shower issues, the hotel failed us during our trip. My guess is that your experience will likely not be the same if you do not book room 103.

Room Tip: Our room, 103 had the A/C fail twice during the night, while the room above had issues where its shower leaked into our room. Also, the TV is awful, but you're not in Paris for the TV.
1  Thank CLEShawn

Dear M. and Mrs Cleshawn,

With regard of the breakfast, I would be very appreciating to have your opinion, if you wish. We are used some fresh products and we have made some modification with another place to have some boiled eggs, toasts, smoked Salmon, tomatoes tartar, mushrooms etc... The breakfast is very important for me because it is the last thing you will see...

About the Air Conditioning, it is true, we have had some problem. It was not only in your room but in all the first floor. We have tried to do our best. We have phoned to the company but there is a deadline and they came 48 hours after to find the solution. Our hotel is new. We have opened our hotel on the 15th of May and we still have some technical incident. It has been the same for the English TV.

Thank you again for your appreciations and your help (assistant) to improve us.
I am staying at your entire disposal if you have any queries and would be delighted to meet you if you were to stay another time in our hotel.

The Manager