“Very pleased”

Legend Hotel by Elegancia
Ranked #116 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Very pleased”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Rooms were small (expected in Paris) but very efficiently laid out. We never felt cramped and found the room to be extremely clean and comfortable. Modern yet not overly trendy decor. Staff was great and always helpful. Not in the heart of the action in Paris but easy walking distance and very lose to Metro. My wife and I loved the local bistros, bakeries and neighborhood feel. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DirLegend, Directeur général at Legend Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear David D,

We would like to thank you for taking some time to fill out our questionnaire.

The Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This divine hotel was well located, friendly staff and a great room with. Balcony overlooking St Germain. The hotel was super clean, great products in bathrooms and so refreshing and new. We loved it very much. Thanks everyone at hotel legend. One day we shall return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir Victoria B,

Thank you for having taken time to give us your feelings after your stay in the Legend hotel.

The Managing Director
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel has a great lobby, helpful staff, and a great location that is situated in between Saint Germain and Montparnasse with easy access to multiple metro stations.

We reserved a deluxe room, which was larger and situated on the first floor. The room was very spacious - bigger than our room in London at the Hilton - and overlooked Rue de Rennes. With our booking came a free breakfast daily for my wife and I (15 euros otherwise) - the breakfast was good, but I do not each much breakfast and therefore would not have paid for the breakfast if it was not included in the room.

Our first night in the room was great, but midway through the second night the A/C turned off. We noticed it in the morning when it was quite stuffy and notified the front desk. We were told it was reset and fixed and it worked the rest of the day. However, that next night around 2am, the A/C cut out again and the room was stifling hot since it was a warm night outside – our only option was to open the windows, which brought in outside noise since the night staff was not able to do anything - did not know where to fix the issue - and we unfortunately had to wait until a fix for the next day. It made for an awful night of sleeping. The hotel did give us 10% off our stay for the two nights affected, but it soured us a bit. The other issue is that it is a wide-open shower plan, which is nice, but the shower floors get soaked. Unfortunately for us, the people staying above us must have splashed water everywhere because we came home late in our trip one day to find our carpet near the bathroom soaked as water had seeped down the walls from the room above. This continued for two days - we mentioned it to the staff twice, but we let it go. Finally, the TV channels aren't much - no English channels in our room, but you're not in Paris to watch TV.

All in, I liked the hotel and wanted to give it four or five stars due to the location, nice lobby, comfortable beds, and larger than normal rooms, but when the A/C fails twice and you have the shower issues, the hotel failed us during our trip. My guess is that your experience will likely not be the same if you do not book room 103.

Room Tip: Our room, 103 had the A/C fail twice during the night, while the room above had issues where its sho...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLEShawn
Dear M. and Mrs Cleshawn,

Further to your stay in our hotel, I can see that you did not have a good experience or a dream with us. I wanted to thank you for the time you have spent to fill up our questionnaire as it does allow us to improve continuously the quality of our services and amenities.

With regard of the breakfast, I would be very appreciating to have your opinion, if you wish. We are used some fresh products and we have made some modification with another place to have some boiled eggs, toasts, smoked Salmon, tomatoes tartar, mushrooms etc... The breakfast is very important for me because it is the last thing you will see...

About the Air Conditioning, it is true, we have had some problem. It was not only in your room but in all the first floor. We have tried to do our best. We have phoned to the company but there is a deadline and they came 48 hours after to find the solution. Our hotel is new. We have opened our hotel on the 15th of May and we still have some technical incident. It has been the same for the English TV.

For the water leak after the shower, we are deep in thought and we hope to find a solution soon.

Thank you again for your appreciations and your help (assistant) to improve us.
I am staying at your entire disposal if you have any queries and would be delighted to meet you if you were to stay another time in our hotel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 6 nights with my dad and really enjoyed it. This is a great place to go back to after a long day in Paris. The bed was comfy, the room was extremely clean, pleasant and beautifully designed. The room was small, but I didn't mind. The staff were very nice and helpfull.
I had breakfast once and it was nice.
The hotel's location is really good- less than a 5 minutes walk to the closest Metro station, plus, the hotel is in a great area, especially for shopping. There are many fashion stores (mostly famous chains) and nice coffee shops just along Rue de Renne.

I had an absolutely wonderful time in the hotel, fully recommended!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir Gal E,

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights and had a great experience. My interaction with the staff was pleasant and they were quite helpful especially Clementine and Yannick. They were knowledgeable and forthcoming to help and spoke English well.
The hotel is close to two Metro stations, 5 min walk, and located on a street with shopping/ dining amenties. The beds are comfortable and the clean.

Negative - The rooms are small, quite small.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir Piyush B,

I am delighted to learn that your experience at the Legend hotel left you a pleasant memory. Your compliments allow us to improve our welcoming desk and the quality of our departments. It also boosts my team with regard to the fulfillment of their work. I am so happy to have Yannick and Clementine in our team. I will tell them your compliments and thanks again for them.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I (along with another couple of friends) stayed at the Hotel Legend from 8/29/12 - 9/1/12 and had a very enjoyable experience. This is a small boutique hotel (38 rooms) which has been renovated and opened under new management for only 3 months. Rooms are small (as is typical in Paris) but quite nice. Wonderful Tempurpedic mattresses and pillows which were super comfy after a long day of walking around. A/C worked great and was quiet enough to sleep. Bathrooms are very small and when you're taking a shower (which is 3 ft x 4 ft) the water runs all over the bathroom floor which is a bit annoying. But other than that, if you don't plan to spend much time in your room it is more than adequate. Located on a wonderful street short walk to the Montparnase Metro station which will get you to any major sight-seeing location in the city quickly and inexpensively. We had stayed for 3 nights and then departed for Amsterdam, returning to Paris 2 days later (this hotel was fully booked so we ended up staying nearby at another one) but I had apparently forgot my $700 Dolce & Gabbana prescription glasses which they had found and returned to me - that was AMAZINGLY nice of them. Just for that reason alone I would recommend this hotel and would certainly stay there again myself. I would feel safe staying here knowing that the staff is so honest and carring. Although they offer continental breakfast for 15 euros a person we did not take advantage of it. There are many cafes around in the area where you can grab breakfast on the go. I will definitely return on my next trip to the Hotel Legend.

Room Tip: higher floor facing courtyard are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QueenVictoriaBoston
Dear Madam, Dear Sir QueenVictoriaBos,

Philadelphia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days from Aug 24 - Sept 1, and had one of the best hotel experiences in all of my travels. I travel a lot all over the world for my work, atleast3 - 4 times a year to Europe, and the rest being all over. This hotel combines the professionalism of a 5 star, the elegant decor of a boutique hotel and the personalized service to make you feel at home. My stay was extremely comfortable and all my requests (like a non-down comforter) were promptly and graciously met. The honesty bar is a great touch as you can have a coffee in the small outside garden and relax. The hotel is able to keep the noise of the main road out completely, its peaceful silence the moment you walk in. It is very well located, to be on Rue de Rennes, which in addition to being shopping heaven, is very well connected by the Metro. I have stayed in two other hotels in Saint Germain, but this is the best of the three hotels, in terms of service and location. I am delighted that I found this hotel. I came here for business, but if I wanted a romantic place, this would be the right one, with all its gold, cream and brown decor and soft but gorgeous lighting.

Room Tip: I had two rooms - as it was a long stay. The basic room and the garden room. They were both excellen...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DirLegend, Directeur général at Legend Hotel by Elegancia, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir philly_food_fanatic ,

I am delighted to learn that your experience at the Legend hotel left you a pleasant memory. Your compliments allow us to improve our welcoming desk and the quality of our departments. It also boosts my team with regard to the fulfillment of their work. I am so happy to hear that my team has been helpful for the concierge service. This service, as the breakfast is so important to make the stay of our guest pleasant. Thanks, as well, for your compliment about the five stars, I am impressed and we will try to do our best to keep the standing of our three stars and to continue to improve it.