1. The location was great, great great. Right on the rue de la Harpe; a 2-minute walk to the St. Michel metro station and 2 minutes away from the Cluny-Sorbonne metro station. Restaurants right outside. You are right in the center of a very touristy but fun and lively area. A McDonalds a 2-minute walk (and internet place next to the McDonalds. This is for people who want to stay in the middle of a noisy, youthful, lively and fun tourist area. The Seine was a block or so way, so I could just pop outside anytime to get my view of Notre Dame at anytime. St. Germain area 5-minutes away. Having two metro stations so close also made it easy to get to places farther away. The Louvre was also only a 15-minute walk across the Seine. Although tour books list lots of hotels, I have to stress, being right in the center of the action was great. In the evening, I would think, hey, I want to see Notre Dame again, and I could walk literally just a few minutes and have Notre Dame all lit up, right in front of me.
2. The price was excellent. A breakfast buffet with croissant, bread, cheese, ham, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, yoghurt, juice and coffee was included. Booked directly on their website.
3. The hotel was a typical 6-story (or so) building. The lobby was small but nicely-furnished. There was a small breakfast room. There was a small elevator.
4. The ensuite room was a bit small (but average for France), clean and nicely furnished. The window opened to the interior space of the building and was quiet. The bed was comfortable. TV had CNN and BBC. There was also a fridge, which was great for keeping cold drinks. There was individually-controlled A/C, which was great to have, as it was quite hot when I was there in early July. The bathroom was or average size, had a shower, W/C, and shampoo, soap and lotion. For this price, for a hotel in this location, with A/C and a fridge, THIS is a steal!!!
5. The front staffers were efficient, friendly and spoke English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel du Levant in Paris... The finer things in life! Step into the atmosphere of Hotel du Levant, Rue de la Harpe on the Left Bank, and open the colourful pages of the history of Paris! In the heart of Paris' lively, picturesque 5th arrondissement of Paris, the hotel is a blend of charm, authenticity, nostalgia and modernity. Elegance, thoughtfulness, comfort and style, the motto of our guest establishment ever at our service with its cosy rooms "a la Parisienne" is the best way for your walking discovery tours of the most beautiful jewels of the Capital: Notre-Dame and Ile de la Cite, the banks of the Seine and its bookstalls, Boulevards Saint Germain and Saint-Michel, the Conciergerie, Sainte-Chapelle and so much more. Ideally located on the Left Bank, our 3-star hotel is a haven of peace in the hubbub of Parisian life.We do have a 3 guests bedroom available especially designed with handicap amenities. Because the Hotel du Levant is an old haussmanian construction, regular wheelchairs do not fit in. This is why we provide to our handicap guests a specific wheelchair, which fits in our elevator, to circulate in our hotel. We also provide storage of your personal wheelchair during your stay at the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Hotel du Levant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Du Levant Hotel
- Du Levant Paris