“YES! Go for it!”

Kyriad Paris 13 - Italie Gobelins
Ranked #730 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have to say it was a great choice. Great location, very friendly staff and clean rooms. Comfortable bed, and spacious shower. I definitely appreciated how close it was from the public transportation, big shopping mall and some monuments. Definitely worth its price, great value for money and I am just curious how come it has only 2 stars, if it was way better than couple of other 3 star hotels in Paris I stayed in.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jerzy N

Reviewed January 6, 2012

We arrived late at night. Check in was smooth and fast. The night reception guy was very helpful with all our enquiries throughout our stay there. The room is a bit outdated and old not to mention small. We weren't totally impressed with the room standard but for the price we paid, couldn't complaint much. Bathroom was surprisingly clean and good size. Breakfast was average with the usual croissant, cereal, yogurt etc...Location is great thought. 2 Metro stations,supermarkets, restaurants and even shopping mall is within 5-10mins walk away. The area seems safe too to walk around even at night time. The only thing that i found disturbing was the baggage storage room where we have left our luggage after check out. They were not so strict on the in and out of ppl from the room. I could have easily taken other ppl's luggage without them knowing or cared and vice versa.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed here for three nights. The room is very old, looks nothing like on the website pictures, carpet is terribly stained, wallpaper is coming off, cracked/broken floor tiles in the bathroom and overall a smelly, humid and actually cold room with paper thin walls, so you can hear everything neighbors do! We ordered a shuttle to CDG, which arrived 20 minutes later, no one said sorry or anything, instead they made us wait another 10 minutes for other guests, then after finally leaving the driver simply stopped in the middle of a roundabout to wait for another shuttle to exchange guests while everyone was honking around us ... I would definitely not recommend anyone to come here and we will never go to any Kyriad again ever for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IldikoLang
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear sir, about the room wallpaper and capet we fix everything it came from the outside wall, there is no more humidy problem since. about the shuttle it is an independant company. we are not responsable for them, it is like a taxi service. we understand the inconvenience but really it is a company completely independant from us. And you choose them because of the cheaper price compared with taxi.Sometimes it is better to take a taxi.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Lived in this hotel after my return from Florida for 4 days
I liked the room spacious and comfortable bed and not far from the metro station as well as good treatment and good service from the receptionist I think he is Algerian
Room No. 5, which you will not forget where I live because of the times that I visited Paris I did not find out what it was worth any room in another hotel

Room Tip: #5 v good room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Despite some of the other reviews I had read our stay here for 6 nights was excellent. When we arrived we were greeted by Patrice. A terrific concierge - friendly, attentive and spoke very good English. He also organised out trip back to the airport, which was a great relief given our heavy bags.

This place was better value and much better quality than the cheap hotel we had in London. Most of the other staff were also quite friendly. The room was sizeable (for Paris) and was clean. Breakfast was 8 euros, which we discovered was quite reasonable after visiting other cafes for breakfast.

Happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We booked (my friend an I) this hotel because of the quite good reviews and the affordable price.
We booked a twin bed room.
Shortly after settling in our room I discovered an awful smell between our beds.
Someone must have vomited there after drinking too much and the staff didn't recognice this.

So we went to the reception to ask for a different room. The guy at the reception was speaking proper English and he said he wanted to check the room. He took the key, went up the stairs and came back after 2 minutes. In this time it's fairly impossible to walk to the 5. floor, check the room properly and come back.
He told us "there is nothing wrong with your room" - but in his smile i could see that we were probably not the first ones to complain.
I told him to go upstairs with me, so we did. I showed him the smelly space but suddenly he wasn't able to speak English anymore and told me "Je ne comprix"(which means i don't understand). After telling him my problem via body language to lie on the bed he understood that this room just isn't habitable.
First said "there is no other room", but after insisting he gave us an other room, which was ok but no twin bed, after insisting on a twin bed there was suddenly a twin bed room available.

In summary I have to say the hotel is ok, the room was fairly clean, the other staff was friendly and it is not far away from the city center.
Unfortunately we made this bad experience which doesn't mean everybody does.
I guess the problem was not the receptionist himself but the manager who told him to act like that.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

this was hotel was a great budget hotel, we stayed here for three nights, the rooms were clean and spacious, there were tea and coffee making facilities, a flat screen tv, a safe, and clean towels every day in the room. getting there is very easy as it is a two minute walk from the place d'italie metro stop, and from there you can reach all the main tourist spots including the eiffel tower etc in less than 20 minutes. the receptionists were very helpful and friendly and polite. the area is fine, there are many restaurants,bars, cinemas and shops right outside your door and a large shopping center right across the road. i would recommend going to the restaurant Pizza Cesar right across the road, they do the nicest italien food iv ever had, and iv been to italy, theres always a full house and theres a trip advisor sticker in the window so this restaurant is obviously well known. the area felt safe at night too most importantly. it was a nice area to stay in we were very happy with the hotels location.

my only discrepency was that on our first day we were having a nap as we were exhausted from all the traveling, and a cleaner let himself into our room without knocking, while we were asleep, he left immediatley but this was still a bit unnerving that he didnt knock, and also the fact that the room was spotless as it had just been cleaned before we arrived, so i dont know why he felt a need to come into our room again.

other than that i would definitly recommend this hotel it was great value for the price and if you do visit, eat in Pizza Cesar its fantastic:)

Room Tip: we were on the bottom floor with no view, maybe try get a higher floor to look out over the city
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple