“Perfect!”

La Petite Rose des Sables
Ranked #36 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Chateau d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Description: Welcome to "la petite rose des sables", the warmest and most welcoming restaurant in Paris :) This family restaurant is very small (you can fit 6-10 people) and does not take reservations (especially through Hotels). The best way to eat there is to drop by and see if it's open / if there is space. Indeed, lots of friends come often so it can happen that there's birthdays, special reservations, etc. Due to popularity and for all the reasons above, Zouzou and Christian would like to host everyone but it is sometime impossible, try to be comprehensive and act with gentle manners. Moreover, we're very sorry for the people that were disappointed recently, Zouzou got her collarbone broken so the restaurant might be close from time to time with notice on the front door. Enjoy your stay in Paris Kind Regards - The little pink sands fan club
Paris, France
“Perfect!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Had lunch in this restaurant today and full of emotions after some previous bad experience in Paris. Will advise this little family place to everyone: nice food, plate of sausage/ham slices with some veg plus aperitive for free, until i was waiting for main course - duck with mix salad and potato, which was just perfect.
Digestive for free
Owner/waitress is outstanding, as well as "Big Boss"
They don't speak English, but have menu in English
Price - all above plus 2 glasses of wine costed me 20 Euro, plus some souvenirs from owners for me, which was so touchingly...
I didn't make reservation, place is very small - only 5 tables, probably busy at dinner time,
But YOU SHOULD VISIT IT

• Thai first
Perth, Australia
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We tried to get a booking here, base on the trip advisor ranking. Unfortunately they were completely booked out for the whole month of July! Now show me how many restaurants can claim that?!
It is a tiny, out of the way place, run by an elderly couple, not some 5 star restaurant with a Prima Donna Chef.
As I said, we couldn't get a booking, so I have no idea what the food tasted like, but I can tell you that I wish we could have stayed! When we tried to leave the owner insisted on giving my hubby & I a glass of Sangria, & our girls a glass of juice. She also gave the girls small Eiffel Tower key rings - all the time telling is "Welcome to Paris". It was a truly memorable and lovely gesture.

• Visited July 2014
12 Thank PerthTwinmum
Melbourne, Australia
“Like visiting eccentric grandparents”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Reading that the place is small and we needed to book we walked out there to make a booking. The place is so small my partner stood outside and waited for me. Madame Zouzou would not make a booking until everyone waiting was given a glass of sangria. She does not speak much English but a French girl also waiting to make a booking helped out. The restaurant has five tiny tables and she was booked for days ahead for dinner, so we chose to have lunch the following day.
The meal was huge. It is not 5 star, but no-ones grandparents cook five star. It was simple and rustic, but honest. Christian does the cooking in the tiny galley kitchen and Madame Zouzou runs the front of house... well entertains the guests is more her role. Previously reading the reviews I was wondering whether they had created a niche market by having an eccentric restaurant aimed at tourists. I could not be more wrong. At our lunch service three of the five tables were all locals. Madame Zouzou was just as energetic and entertaining to them as she was to us. True they did not get the gifts she gave us but they laughed with her and sang and we all had a fun time.
You would go for the fun experience. Whenever you talk about a holiday it is always the fun and quirky moments you talk about. We will remember this place fondly

10 Thank DragonPrincess
Oxfordshire
“All you read on here is true!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

First off I have to say that I was determined to visit here after reading the reviews on here. This was my first time in Paris and I checked out reviews beforehand to make sure I enjoyed my stay as much as possible. This is a tiny, unassuming restaurant and, had I not have been looking for it, would have walked past without even considering eating there. It is not a poncy dining experience, it really is as basic and rustic you can get but was a great experience and made my first night in Paris memorable!

I made this my first port of call when arriving in Paris to book and I am so glad I did! Had hoped to go there on the Saturday night and when we arrived it was actually closed for a private childrens birthday party (assuming one of her grand-children) There was another Korean couple there also trying to book. They were going to be closed all weekend as it was the Paris Music Festival on Summer Solstice. As there were 2 lots of us waiting she agreed to open up again for us at 9.30pm, We went off for a wander and came back later. The restaurant is tiny, eclectic and homely. Fed tapas and sangria on arrival, food was amazing home cooked - HUGE portions so beware! Only us, the Korean couple and then an Australian couple arrived. It was like a little party, all having a laugh and a brilliant time. They were turning people away who were trying to book for that weekend and even stayed open later to let a group of 4 have a meal before they left Paris.

All of us eating there came from recommendations on this site!

I was bringing my friend here for her birthday and Zou Zou even had a cake on stand-by complete with a candle similar to a rocket launcher!

We ate lots, drank lots, paid little! The whole bill came to 39 Euro, I had to fight with her to leave 50 Euro as it was well worth it! Christian made several appearances, lots of hugs, lots of photos, lots of gifts and, most importantly, lots of laughs!

Recommend you stop to try and book and then plan the rest of your trip around it!

Trust me, you won't regret it. Taking my children on my next visit!

14 Thank lumlum256
Spilsby
“Eccentric, quirky and LOVELY!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

What a refreshing change as they say. Ignore any previous negative reviews and GO to this lovely little characterful restaurant. It seats about 10 and is French Rustique, not cordon blue. The proprietors are 70+ and lovely. Great entertainment and eccentricity but one of the best experiences you'll have - a marvellous change from some crustier, more formal establishments. Fantastic!

18 Thank PatriciaSpilsby