“Good choice if you want mexican food”
Review of Chipotle

Chipotle
Ranked #1,516 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Chipotle just opened their first location today the 24th of May in Paris in the 9th arr. They will be open 11h00 to 22h00 seven days a week. I have pictures and can't wait to review them! Thanks! Andrea
Reviewed December 27, 2012

At boulevard Montmartre, near Printemps and Lafayette galleries, this is a good choice if you want mexican food. The restaurant has a lot of places to seat, with boulevard views, a burrito costs 9 euros and chips 1 euro. The staff are nice and efficient.

There are newer reviews for Chipotle

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Yes, it is more expensive than in the U.S., but it was so worth it. Parisian restaurants are really expensive anyway, so this was almost a bargain in comparison. 9 euros for anything on the menu, and I need my guacamole on my burrito which was an additional 1.50 euros, but avocados were almost 2 euros at the Paris supermarkets, so it seemed like a reasonable deal. It's also roughly the same as the $2 you spend on guacamole in the U.S., so not really a stretch.

I wouldn't say this is a true representation of authentic Mexican food, more of an Americanized version, but the flavors are just as good as any Mexican I've ever had, and trust me I've had LOADS of real Mexican food growing up. I LOVE CHIPOTLE. I ordered the barbacoa (spicy beef) burrito and got cheese, black beans, sour cream, salsa, rice, and guacamole and it was soooo good.

They have pretty much all the same stuff, except no white rice, and the mild salsa looks a bit different, but it all tasted the same to me. They also sell margaritas (these must be unique to the Paris location) and other alcoholic beverages including Ambar and regular Dos Equis (which was a nice treat to see in Paris). I believe the margarita was about 4-5 euros.

I would definitely recommend this place to everyone! Wish I could go back but I'm back in the UK for now in an area without Chipotle. :(

1  Thank CookieCrisp
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is truly the closest you will come to having Mexican food in Paris. Service was good the staff was friendly. The food was what I expected with any Chipotle I have visited. Portion sizes did seem small but when asked extra was added. My wife wanted extra peppers and the staff added it no problem. Drink prices seemed reasonable for Paris. The Restaurant was clean, restrooms clean. There is plenty of seating available on three levels. The Music piped into the lower seating area was a little loud for our liking and made having a conversation hard at normal speaking volume. The price seemed high but when you think about it being in Paris the price seemed to fit. I would and will visit this location again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food was great. Like in the US.
I agree about the small portions BUT if you ask for more rice, beans or whatever one likes they will gladly add more.
The staff was very nice and knows English well. Everything was fresh. The toilets were clean and the prices were more then reasonable.

We will be back.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Same great taste, but don't expect that full feeling when leaving after your favorite burrito or burrito bowl. I had high hopes on my third visit that the portion sizes were a fluke and would get bigger. I only got one scoop of rice last time I was there, a really disappointment given the great experiences I've had at Chipotle in the states. I used to visit a couple times a week on King Street, Alexandria, VA. Paris is not the same; however, I will say the staff is great and their are few restaurants in France where staff actually wear plastic gloves to ensure cleanliness as they do here. A plus for cleanliness in my book.

1  Thank Amber M