Le Robinet d'Or
$548
$360
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
$164
$258
$198
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscanal stmacaroonsgare de l'estno liftlovely canalsaint martinrestaurant downstairscoffee machineexecutive suiterecommend lefamily suitel'occitane toiletriesgreat stay in parishotel restaurantstayed longerthe ground floorcomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013

For our last night in Paris, I booked a Classic Room at Le Robinet d'Or. Maybe it was because we were traveling with a 2-year-old, and Ludwig took pity on us, but we were given a complimentary upgrade to the suite! It was such a lovely surprise, and we were so thankful after having spent the last week in a one-room, creaky floored apartment.

When we arrived, Ludwig welcomed us warmly, offering water or whatever else we wanted. Check in was a matter of one signature, then we were on our way up to the suite. Exiting the reception office, you go through an (almost unnoticeable) door on the right, then up three flights of narrow stairs to the top. (no elevator) He carried our bags up for us, checked that we were happy, then left us to our own devices.

Fast forward to the next day as we were getting ready to pack up and leave. I double checked our flight times, because I thought we were supposed to fly out of Paris at 5 am. I had booked overnight at the CDG Ibis. Turns out, I read the flight schedule totally wrong and we didn't need to be at the airport until 1 pm. Rather than spending a dreary day waiting at the airport, I went downstairs to see if we could have the suite for another night. We loved Le Robinet d'Or enough (and wanted another day in the city) to swallow the cost of the non-refundable room at the Ibis. I couldn't get the phone to work so Ludwig even made the cancellation call for me! He also gave me a great price for the second night; only 30 euros more than the first night.

The last interaction I had with staff was later that night. The toilet roll holder came loose and fell on the glass toilet brush holder, breaking it (seriously, who makes a toilet brush holder out of glass???). I called down to the desk and someone was up within 5 minutes to take care of it. He had such a great attitude, saying that it was no problem, and didn't make me feel guilty at all. Thank you.

To sum up, it's a beautiful hotel with lots of character but the real reason you should stay is because the service is wonderful.

Room Tip: Splurge for the suite. It's quiet, on the top floor, and worth every penny.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Over the past few years, we have done a lot of travel in Europe, and do a lot of research prior to picking a hotel. Reviews for Le Robinet d'Or almost seemed too good, but we took a chance. And we were not disappointed! This is an EXCEPTIONAL hotel.

Location: 15 minute walk from le Gare de nord; 10 minutes from le Gare de l'est, 5 minutes from the nearest Metro station. In a quiet residential neighbourhood. There are restaurants, bars and a delightful bakery but it is not a touristy area. There is a direct line on the Metro and only 6 stops from The Louvre. Very easy access to the heart of Paris.

Rooms: Slightly larger than average by European standards. A luxurious bathroom with all amenities, including a blow dryer and towel warmer. In room, individually brewed coffee maker (similar to a Tassimo). In room safe. Comfortable beds, spotlessly clean. For those who have trouble walking, note that there are no elevators. When we first reserved, we asked for a quiet room. When we arrived, the front desk clerk, Ludwig, mentioned it and took us to one the faced into an enclosed inner courtyard. It was so quiet - we slept with our windows open and loved it!

Service: In a word - outstanding. It is not a big hotel and there was only person at the front desk at any given time. Each one really put themselves out for us. We had booked directly with the hotel (highly recommended at that hotel - it was so more a personal experience), initially for 4 nights. We subsequently had to cut our trip short and stay only 3 - there was no problem in adjusting the reservation. When we arrived late in the evening, Ludwig insisted on carrying our bags to our 2 floor room (for North Americans - remember the ground level floor is called "0"). The next morning, the front desk clerk (Caroline?) was extremely helpful in planning our day, providing city maps and specific "destination" maps, explaining how to use the Paris Metro, etc. Upon our return that evening, I mentioned to the evening desk clerk, Damien, that our in-room coffee maker was not working properly and it was instantly changed. We couldn't find any English TV channels and he showed us how to adjust the remote. When it was time for our departure, he called us a taxi (and told us how to save money when using them) and helped with the bags. I cannot say enough about the professionalism and personal attention of all the staff.

Food: As we had booked directly with the hotel, breakfast was included in the cost. There was the typical cold continental breakfast supplemented by fresh cooked egg dishes - omelettes, etc. Fresh brewed coffee. Lovely freshly-prepared fruit cups.

Le Robinet d'Or also has a lovely restaurant, serving not just hotel guests but the local residents as well. We ate there the first night as it was late and we didn't know the area, and came back again on the 3rd night because it was simply so good. Prices are reasonable compared to the other restaurants we saw. They have an a la carte menu of course (we each had a salad the first night that was huge AND delicious), as well as a 25 Euro 3-course dinner that we had on the 3rd night and really enjoyed. Wines are of reasonable quality and price.

I do not normally write such long reviews; if a hotel is just average I probably won't write a review at all. In this case, I felt I had to go into detail. Le Robinet d'Or is a gem, and if you stay there, I hope your experience is as good as ours was.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask in advance. They have rooms that face into an inner courtyard; so no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sehrine A, Propriétaire at Le Robinet d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Diane,
You took the time to write a long review about your stay. We thank you so much! It's the best way to give the opportunity to other customers to enjoy it. Moreover it's an honor for staff to be quoted this way. Best regards to you

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'll begin by saying I have never bothered to write a review before but the service at Le Robinet D'Or was so exceptional I really felt I should.
Arrived on a grey and rainy afternoon but the warmth of the reception more than made up for the weather. The receptionist immediately bounded out to greet our taxi and help with the luggage. Nothing was too much trouble and he was happy to help with directions for a boat trip we had booked along with maps, metro info and travel time.
We were in room 202 which was a lovely room - spacious by Paris standards - with a stylish shower room. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet and warm - what more could you want? One English news channel - which is quite sufficient - who comes to Paris to watch TV?
We had dinner in the restaurant on two evenings and the food was lovely and reasonably priced. Happy hour in the bar made pre dinner drinks very affordable. The wine list included some good wines that won't break the bank.
Location. Well it is a little further out but if you are happy to use the Metro it's quick and cheap (a little over £1 for each journey if you buy the book of 10 tickets) to get you to all the main tourist attractions. We have been to Paris a few times so it was quite nice to explore the area around the hotel for a change as well as revisit some of the 'must do' tourist spots.
Unfortunately we had to leave a day earlier than planned due to family illness and once more the team at the hotel were exceptional in helping us to get through to the airline, helping us to check in on line and print out boarding passes. Thank you so much. We will be back in the Spring!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Patrice, it's your first comment, and I have to congratulate and thank you. Your review is a warm feeling for us . All the reception team hope your father in law is going better. I am eager to see you soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Me and my partner (in our early thirties) used Le Robinet d'Or as a single night stay. The hotel is really will situated close to Gare du North and Gare de l'est (15 minutes each). The decor is very typical Parisian with a rustic look which adds to the appeal. Its an old building and I understand that it used to be an old Tap factory and some of the features remain.

We arrived at around 11.00AM and expected that we would have to leave our luggage for a later check-in. Instead we were offered the room within 10 minutes and they called the maid to ensure every effort was to make the room ready. Despite the small size they insisted on helping with the luggage and we were pleasantly surprised at the amazing room (304) wonderful views and very nicely presented with typical Paris style open windows....The staff were just wonderful.

In the morning we had breakfast which was basic but great quality and again very French.

On our departure and within an hour we received a call from the hotel regarding my partners purse which they found. Unlike many hotels they really wanted to help and they have posted this back to us.

All in all I would thoroughly recomend this for many reasons. If you have any questions then please do be in touch....

Special thanks to Caroline for assistance in the lost property.

Edd Randall

Room Tip: 304 is high up (no lift) but a beauty!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Edd R
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here with my 2 daughters and grandson. Staff very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Absolutely gorgeous room with top quality toiletries. Breakfast was superb with a large choice and dinner menu although not gastronomic was very well cooked and presented - the baked camembert was divine as were the mojitos!! Free iced water was a great touch and much appreciated during the unusually hot weather. Would highly recommend and definitely would visit again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family