“Very Good & Friendly Paris Hotel”
Review of Le Robinet d'Or

Le Robinet d'Or
Ranked #63 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in room 302 & were very impressed by the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the hotel, the best of several we have stayed in in Paris. The location was perfect for us, easy walking distance from the Gare du Nord and also the Gare de l'Est for the Metro giving easy access to everywhere (buy a carnet of 10 single tickets for 13.30E rather than 1.70E each). Very quiet location near to the canal, which, in better weather makes for a lovely walk down to the Marais or Bastille and beyond. Also, some good bars etc nearby - Bar Le Valmy on nearby corner for breakfast (boulangerie opposite), aperitif or late night drink and others further down the canal, plus restaurants (Chez Marie Louise sadly closed during our stay). Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will return,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Graeme1

Reviewed March 14, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Diana S
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at Le Robinet d'Or multiple times over the past few months and would recommend it as a great option in the area. If I were in Paris for sightseeing, I would probably want to stay somewhere more central, but as I was in town for work, the location was actually perfect for me as it was within easy walking distance of the Gare de l'Est and my office.

The hotel is quite small and what one sees from outside is the restaurant by the same name. But if you enter through a side door around the corner, you are welcomed into a small but comfortable lobby. I was always warmly welcomed by the receptionist. In fact, over the course of my multiple trips I interacted with many members of the staff and found each and every one to be friendly and helpful. There is no elevator, but my bags were always carried up for me. The rooms are average size by Paris standards and simply but comfortably furnished. The free WiFi worked like a charm. Overall, I was very happy with my accommodations.

I never tried the hotel breakfast. Why in the world would you when there are lovely bakeries and pastry shops in every direction!

One word of warning, this hotel is located on what appears to be a quiet side street, and it is indeed usually quiet because there is infrequent traffic. I had absolutely no problems sleeping through the night. But, as the street is rather narrow, when there is traffic, such as early morning garbage trucks or those obnoxious little scooters (which should really be outlawed until they come up with a way to make them quieter), the sound travels right up and into the rooms. One of those scooters drove by when I was on the phone with my husband and he asked what all the noise was. So again, during my multiple stay I never had a problem sleeping because there does not appear to be any traffic at night, and since I had to be up early for work anyway, the morning traffic did not overly concern me, but it would probably be hard to sleep in here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked a six-night stay in February through Orbitz and the positive reviews that steered us toward the Robinet d'Or proved to be right on target. The first thing one notices upon seeing the hotel is that has quite a nice modern-mixed-with-vintage feel. The restaurant looks nice (we only had one breakfast there, definitely get the café creme to start your day) and is on the first floor of the hotel. Though our room was a little on the small side, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was very roomy and had a terrific rain shower. The staff at the Robinet d'Or (especially Patrycia and Hanna) must be commended for their exemplary service, good cheer and willingness to help in any way they could. While we were staying at the hotel a "blizzard" went through New York and Air France cancelled our flight home and re-booked us on a flight two days later. We were able to stay on at the Robinet d'Or for an additional night (they were booked up for the second night) and Patrycia did not hesitate to find and book another hotel for us to stay in for the following night that was perfectly lovely but not as quiet and cozy as the Robinet d'Or. As we were about to check out, we found that Air France had cancelled our reservation for our flight home. CANCELLED it. Just ERASED it. As if it had never existed. Luckily for us, we were able to go downstairs to see if the front desk could again help and Hanna ended up handling the entire mess for us and translating so that we were able to find out what was going on, convince Air France that we had in fact NOT cancelled our own reservation as they maintained at first, and get our flight re-booked. Needless to say, if it wasn't for the staff at the Robinet d'Or, our trip to Paris could have ended up being a nightmare. We would gladly return to this hotel and can't say enough about it and the folks that work there. Additionally, the location is super for people who don't want a mess of other tourists around, as the location has a bit of a funky feel to it in a very good way. We live in Brooklyn and felt very at ease and at home in the Canal St. Martin. Please be sure to check out this bakery (http://dupainetdesidees.com) within walking distance of the hotel. There you will find the best bread and pastry in Paris. We went almost every morning for pain au chocolat and escargots (pinwheel shaped pastry with delicious fillings such as chocolate and pistachio). The Chateau Landon metro stop in a three minute walk to/from the hotel and we had no issue with being able to get where we wanted to go. All around a superb experience at the Robinet d'Or. Already dreaming of the next trip to Paris...

Room Tip: We were offered a room on the first floor and requested one higher up as we had heard that it can be...
1  Thank LaraBrooke
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall this hotel was in a great location. It was close to the metro and the main train station. With a little walk, yo had an abundance of restaurants available to you, the food at the hotel was just as great. The room was nice and cozy, wish it had a fridge. The bathroom was great!!!! Staff was definitely friendly, would definitely go here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janice S
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good location in a great neighborhood, and the room was fine (and the shower very good.) But some quibbles made this not a great stay.

First and poorest was my asking for a quiet room and then being put in room 101, on the first floor directly above the main room of the restaurant, where the band played late and of course where conversation came up through the floor.

Of course I recognized when I was given this room that this might be a problem. I asked 'will it really be quiet?' and they said 'of course, absolutely'.

Secondly: When we checked in, we were told 'Breakfast runs from 7 to 11.' And then as we were rushing out in the morning, they asked 'Do you want any breakfast before you go?', with a motion towards a very light buffet of bread, cheese and meats. It sure sounded like that was part of the room rate, so we had a quick croissant and two coffees - and were presented with an extra bill for 24 euros.

So if I was going to go back I suppose I would just practice my French for 'Is the room really quiet?' and 'Are you actually telling the truth?' and 'Is that the whole truth?' But really, feeling like I would need to ask those questions, I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Demand a room on a higher floor if you don't want to be able to hear the restaurant in your room...
5  Thank cabecabe
Sehrine A, Propriétaire at Le Robinet d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and opinion on Le Robinet d'Or. First of all, I am glad to read that you liked the neighborhood of our boutique hotel as well as your room and its equipment. Concerning the noise issue, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience. We have now made changes so that our guests are no longer disturbed by noises from the restaurant. Now the room as proper corridor and the separation walls block all the noise.

About our breakfast, it indeed runs from 7am to 11am, and the full buffet at 12 euros per person includes hot drinks, freshly squeezed orange juice, cereals, French pastries and baguette from a traditional bakery, jams, cooked meats, cheese, yoghurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit salad and eggs to your liking. If you only wanted a hot drink and a pastry, you could have mentioned it as we do have a “light breakfast” option at 5.50 euros per person. And it is always clearly written on your booking confirmation if the breakfast is included or not in the room rate, there is never an uncertainty about that.

Besides, with all due respect, I cannot accept your comment about our staff members not being trustworthy. Being honest and sincere with our guests is not only our professional duty, but also our way of being. In addition, I would like to mention that our service has always been regarded as (at least) satisfactory by our guests. Indeed, we have been awarded the title of “TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice 2015”, and our service quality is now ranked 20th in France out of 17,500 hotels on TripAdvisor.

I really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future and to surprise you positively.

A . Sehrine, Hotel Owner

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Convenient location a couple of minutes walk from Gare d'Est near the canal. Stylish ground floor restaurant and bar with friendly staff providing a good service. Great food at reasonable prices too.
Bedrooms are roomy for a Paris city hotel and decor is stylish without being too pretentious. Nice bathroom area with rainwater shower & plenty of hot water.

2  Thank DomGloucester