“I had a terrific time!”

Chic Shopping Paris Day Tours
Ranked #37 of 651 Shopping in Paris
Type: Shopping, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Chic Shopping Paris is Paris' original shopping tour service. Rebecca Perry Magniant and her team offer insider shopping tours, designed to provide travelers with Parisian shopping secrets, tips, and the ins-&-outs that only a good Parisian friend would share with you. Our expert bilingual guides do not work on commission & can therefore offer you objective, unbiased advice. Chic Shopping Paris' guided tours are devoted to helping you take back "Paris in your bag."
NY, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I had a terrific time!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Chic Shopping Paris tour was a highlight of my recent trip to that great city. Jennifer ferreted out a raft of charming little boutiques which I wish were in NY. Not only did they have lovely and affordable clothes, but they were in the style range which I, as an older woman, could wear. When I tried on clothes, Jennifer gave me good feedback on what looked good & what didn't. The focused questions about my preferences really helped Chic Shopping craft the right excursion. Jennifer was a great shopping buddy who was congenial and easy to be with. Her survival tips about Paris restaurants, tipping, VAT refunds alone were worth the price of the tour. Jennifer also made great suggestions when I was undecided about gifts for friends back home. It was the smartest decision of my stay in Paris to take this tour while my husband went to Normandy for a day. I had a terrific time!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank florence123NY

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tres Chic Consignment....”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wow, a very big thank you to the lovely Jennifer! I'd booked my Chic & Cheap Tour not really knowing what to expect but desperately hoping I'd find a Chanel jacket in reasonable condition. What I found was a most informative and personable tour guide in Jennifer and voila, I couldn't believe my eyes but there was my dream jacket hanging in a store window we visited. My partner and I really enjoyed ourselves (and to be perfectly honest shopping tours aren't really his thing) but all the little extras we learnt from Jennifer along the way and exploring the 16th made it a great afternoon for both of us. I'll be sure to recommend Chic Shopping Tours to all of my friends!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank H0lidaysf0rever
rebeccainparis, Owner at Chic Shopping Paris Day Tours, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
So glad that you found your dream jacket! I know Jennifer had a great time shopping with you. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Paris!
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Impossible mission accomplished”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My family arranged a tour for me for my Birthday and it was a wonderful present. All the communication prior to the tour was professional and left me confident I would have a great time (despite some rain!).

Rebecca very early on asked about my goals for the day and I think it would be fair to say I set her an pretty much impossible task but we got so very close that I think it can be classified as a victory. I will treasure my purchases for a long time to come.

There is no way I would have found the shops we visited or had confidence in them to be able to really have a good look. Rebecca also paid attention and got a feel for the sort of things I was interested in and looking for.

It was a wonderful tour and I would heartily recommend it.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Shane S
rebeccainparis, Owner at Chic Shopping Paris Day Tours, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
It was great to spend the afternoon with you Shane- and I'm so glad you got to take a piece of Paris home with you in your bag!
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“For shoppers who want the local secrets!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I went to Paris last week and was on a mission to find the most unique stores the city had to offer. I have a very specific style and was a bit nervous my request would not only get lost in translation, but it still might end up a bit generic. I sent a customized list of the shops that I had in mind to Rebecca and Jen and they came up with amazing options - they were spot on. My friends in Paris didn't even know of the stores I went to. Jen was a great tour guide! This tour was not only so fun, it was educational and I came home with the one of a kind items I was hoping to find. I was very lucky to have found this company and would recommend using them for your next visit to Paris! Thanks Chic Shopping!!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Shanna2012
rebeccainparis, Owner at Chic Shopping Paris Day Tours, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your tour- and that we were able to find some new shops for you, even though you've been to Paris a lot. Hope to see you again on your next trip!
San Diego, California
“Fun for two and four-legged shoppers”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was in Paris this summer researching the city for a travel guide titled The Privileged Pooch in Paris. When I phoned Rebecca asking if it was okay to bring my dog, Marcel, along on the Chic Shopping tour, she didn't hesitate to say yes. My Bichon Frise accompanied me, Rebecca and one other guests for an afternoon of fun. Without a doubt, I am highly recommending this tour company in my book.

Visited September 2012
rebeccainparis, Owner at Chic Shopping Paris Day Tours, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Our first chic doggie tour- what fun! Marcel was a treat to have along on a tour. Good luck with the new book!