I was hovering between average and very good..I would classify this hotel as good. The rooms are small but as I booked as a single this wasn't really a problem. I originally booked 2 nights 6 months ahead at 80 euro a night then another night a week before arriving for 55 euro. I was surprised at the difference but on arriving and querying the receptionist was told this is due to fluctuating demand. This is fair enough especially when it was pointed out that the 'normal' rate was 118 euros a night for a single! I had a discussion whilst checking in and was told I could have one of the renovated rooms.This looked much nicer than some of the traveller photos on tripadvisor so it might be worth requesting one. I was annoyed with the automatic door closure which was very loud and sounds like someone slamming the door but is in fact the door closing too vigorously behind you.
The breakfast is now included and is good given that you can make up a ham and cheese roll for lunch. I found the cutlery consistently poorly washed.
Location is good but it can be tricky finding it as the street is very small and not listed on many of the maps.I found the best metro stop to be Les Gobelens.You can also reach the airport by walking the 10 minutes to Denfort Rocher (spelling?) and catching line B and changing at Gare du Nord.
I would stay there again by which time I assume they will have renovated all the rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your accommodation in the Hôtel Magendie is ideally situated to discover Paris. In a quiet district close to the picturesque Butte aux Cailles, you are only a stone's throw from the Latin Quarter, the heart of student life, and from Montparnasse, the traditional painters' district. Leave your car in the car park and make the most of the bus, metro and RER, with stations close to the hotel, to explore the capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belambra City - Hotel Magendie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belambra Clubs - Magendie Hotel Paris
- Belambra Vvf Hotel Magendie
- Belambra Vvf Paris
- Touring Hotel Magendie