Open today: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $75.94
from $88.17
from $96.04
6,080 results
All reviews modern art top floor permanent collection museum pass art lovers audio guide eiffel tower escalator exhibits kandinsky artists mondrian library queue georges century architect
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Every visit is an enrichment. You could spend the entire day in the museum including lunch and never get bored. There are timeless masterpieces and amazing new artists. And the views of Paris are breathtaking. I always feel in wonderland when there, so challenged and stimulated at the same time. And there are amazing activities and laboratory for kids too. A perfect destination

1  Thank Maurizia-Ramzi
Reviewed April 17, 2019

My experience at the Centre Pompidou was completely spoiled by a terrible experience at the cloakroom. After my visit, I collected my coat and found that it was severely damaged. It looks like it had been deliberately cut and then torn on the bottom left panel, around the pocket, which was also torn open. This was such a strange and really unpleasant incident that was made worse by the ineffective response by Pompidou, and Agence Axcess (who run the cloakroom).

I was told that the cloakroom manager would contact me the next day, which did not happen. When I returned in person the next day, I was told that discussions would have to take place higher up in the chain of management about some sort of reimbursement, and that I would be contacted shortly. This did not happen, and I had to personally return to the museum again in order to be told that a reimbursement would not be possible. As this was an unprecedented occurrence, I asked if I could speak to someone higher up in management, and was told to contact Agence Axcess at 3.30pm. My calls were ignored, and I imagine I will not be contacted, and there will be no repercussion or compensation for the incident beyond the shallow apology I received from the cloakroom manager at Pompidou, which amounted to little more than a shrug of the shoulders.

This has been altogether an unpleasant and ridiculous experience - if I’d had any idea that my coat would not be safe in the cloakroom, I wouldn't have left it there. I had no valuables in my pockets, and there is no apparent reason for the damage save for a blatant disregard for guests’ property. I would expect a better response to this from a nightclub, let alone one of Paris’ major museums. This is on top of an experience that includes long, poorly managed queues on entry and unclear information on the galleries and artworks. Really disappointed overall by my entire experience at Pompidou, and particularly by the managements' inability to provide any excuse or reasonable apology.

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

The centre Pompidou is a must to see when you go to Paris! The architecture of the building us so ’avant-garde’. Inside you have a modern and contemporary art museum quite often with top temporary exhibitions.

1  Thank ronnyjd0509
Reviewed April 14, 2019

Worth visiting. You can book ticket online and save some time not waiting in the queue. There are quite a lot of masterpieces on the 5th/6th floor. If you're not into contemporary art - you can limit your visit to those ones. They accomodate masterieces by Picasso, Matisse, Kandinsky to name a few. There are exhibitions are temporary and for you to judge.
Don't go for the view ticket. It's pointless. Go to the Eifel tower or even better - Montparnasse tower

Reviewed April 14, 2019

On previous visits, we admired the Pompidou from afar. So glad we had time to visit this very special moern art museum. There is also a very expansive library which occupies a portion of the building, but the exhibition floors are worth a visit. A portion of the centre is free to visit, but you'll need to buy tickets (main floor) to gain access to the galleries. If you need a break, take the covered tube-like escalator to the rooftop restaurant where you can enjoy a meal and unobstructed views of Paris. Easy access via metro.

1  Thank juliec888