“Great museum”

Ranked #120 of 2,255 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: DISCOVER : . The biggest collection of moderne and contemporary art in Europe, one of the finest in the world ! . A building that is an icon of 20th century architecture. . Cutting-edge events, exhibitions that can't be missed. . The most wonderful view of Paris.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We visited the Centre Pompidou mainly to see the building but we were very impressed of the excellent and huge Contemporary Art Collection that they have. The staf is not very friendly but do not waste your time asking, just grab a map and enjoy all the exhibits

Write a ReviewReviews (5,541)
All reviews
in 329 reviews
"kandinsky"
in 73 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love modern art. Wherever I travel, if there is a modern art museum, I visit it. This one was the most inspiring one and the place where I could see some of Kandinsky's work from 10 cm distance.

3  Thank ChistaN
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The queue was incredibly long (I think it took me about 2 hours) but it was worth it. The contemporary collection is very well curated and fascinating. The Dali show was on when I was there - an extra ticket and hour wait but I loved it anyway.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had read that the Pompidou Center was great for kids. Not so. My kids were 8, 9 and 11 and they were not impressed. It really is a place for people who are interested in modern or contemporary art. The kids didn't understand it and I am generally not a big fan of this type of art. The kids were immensely bored. The multi-tiered escalator didn't even hold their interest for long. We spent about 40 minutes in there and the kids were very glad to leave. Luckily the Museum Pass covered the admission and kids are free.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I have always loved to this museum. Kids love riding up the escalator and it’s so educational to follow the different colored tubes to understand how a building works. The art museum is arranged chronologically which is really fantastic especially for those without an art history background. They do not have “too many” paintings on display but rather a sampling from each artist. While I would like to see many more paintings by my favorite artists I understand what they’re doing here. There used to be a cafeteria on the top floor with great views of Paris , but that has been replaced by an expensive restaurant. Go up to the top for the views anyway!