“Not as good as other Ibis Styles properties”

Ibis Styles Paris Alesia Montparnasse
Ranked #986 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in August of 2013. I stayed in this area because it is one of my favorite areas in Paris, the 14th arrondissement. It's a very residential neighborhood that is full of Parisian charm. There are fabulous restaurants nearby (Le Moulin Vert is terrific) and it's not loaded with tourists. I stayed at this hotel because of the location. It is not far from the Alesia stop (the Pernety stop isn't that far either).

The welcome I received was extremely indifferent and it was the first time I have ever been asked to fill out an extensive paper asking details about my trip to France. I found that odd. I went up to my room and it wasn't even closely decorated like the rooms in the photos online. It's as if they didn't add the wall paper. The air conditioning is there but it does not work. It was cooler in the hallway than it was with the air conditioner on full blast. Thank God the window opened.
It is small, yes, but it is Paris and I got a good deal. The room was mostly clean, but there were areas that hadn't been dusted since Sarkozy left office.

Breakfast was the worst I have ever experienced at the Ibis chain. The tables were always dirty, the woman working there couldn't even utter "Bonjour", she just right up asked you for your room number. Food wasn't well stocked and everyone looked confused as to why they couldn't make breakfast function. The coffee machine spat out coffee that was hotter than the hubs of hades. One morning croissants weren't even stocked. Disappointing.

The hotel has such good potential, but it just falls flat. It needs a manager and employees that give even the slightest care, because they don't seem to right now.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank nogentais1986
There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Paris Alesia Montparnasse

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Excellent hotel, yes the rooms were small, but the location was perfect. Denfert-Rochereau was very close, and so were other metro stations. The receptionist, (Gerardly?) was very sweet, and helpful. The room was small, but I had a comfy bed, and I got a water every day. It was wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

God and clean, a smal hotel with app 50 rooms located in a quiet small street. Very small room but a great bed. Breakfast was very french and very good. We would have given this hotel 4 stars, but when you enter this hotel the staff do not say hello! Very strange, it is a very small reception, and even if you say " Hello " to the person behind the counter, they just ignore you! We tried with 3 different persons and every one of choose to ignore us.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Selveje
Reviewed July 12, 2013

For my birthday my other half decided we would do a 2 day (1 night) trip to Paris, so I had the mission of looking for somewhere to stay and stumbled across this hotel.

The Ibis Styles is well located, very reasonably priced and with fantastic staff / service. We were allowed to leave our bags in a luggage room as we arrived 1 1/2 hours early and we returned to check in on the 9th with friendly reception staff on both occasions.

OK the rooms were not enormous, but your on a city break, you should be out enjoying the sights, taking everything in and making the most of your time. All the hotel should be used for is to sleep, wash and change, we did just that, our room was ideal, but at more than a week I think space would become an issue.

Drinks at the Reception Bar were very reasonably priced, Breakfast was also ample, full and to be honest, more than most. There seemed to be alot of room in the breakfast area, although I feel in peak season they would struggle with seating.

Again check-out was easy, we were again allowed to leave our luggage in the luggage room so that we again could see the sights and explore Paris, we did just that. I'd like to say a big well done, with FREE WIFI all round, Rooms that yes, were small but ample, this is the ideal place for your Paris break.

Many thanks to all involved during our stay, it was quick, easy and very cheap. If we visit Paris again, we know where we will be staying.

Room Tip: All rooms are small, but remember to pack sensibly, there are also two hooks in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank carlideal
Reviewed July 7, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank MarylynMunroe
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is situated in nice neighbourhood - clean, calm and safe. Location itself is very good - easy to get from and to airports (both Orly and CDG) by les cars Air France (the stop is just next to Gare Montparnasse), some 8 minutes of walking and you are on place. We also had nice walking to the center enjoying the surroundings. The breakfast served at the hotel was good - fresh orange juice, croissant etc. But the dining area is quite shabby. Good that in the lobby you can have tea or water free of charge all day long.
I must admit that the room we stayed in was so tiny that when you place your luggage on the floor there's no place left to pass by. The biggest minus was that there has been a renovation undergoing in the hotel, about which we were not notified. So the elevator was full of dust, at 9 a.m. we heard very unpleasant noice of the hummers and drills.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vira K
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have often used Ibis hotels because they are basic but comfortable. This one did not live up to usual standards. We were given a twin room so small only one person could move around at any one time, it was dusty and the air-con could not be switched off. When we asked for another room we were told they were all the same. Eventually we were given a room only slightly bigger, which was an improvement but still not as we remember Ibis hotels we've used in the past. We will think twice about booking Ibis in future, and certainly never use this one again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends