“Good place bad hotel!”

Ibis Styles Paris Alesia Montparnasse
Ranked #977 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hi,
The hotel location was very good and close to the Paris Expo. About 4 station from the Expo. BUT:
The breakfast area was very small with one lady without any English. The lady was watching the guests how they eat or drink, the situation was very un comfortable. I was worry to take one more coffee, because I feel not comfortable!!
I spent 4 nights in the hotel and when we arrived I saw a big mount of Dog [--] just in front of the door. The guests were jumping every day before entering or leaving the hotel..what a show! The “[--]” was there for almost one week and no one from the hotel employees were able to clean it..unbelievable. I’m sure they saw it every day!
The room was very clean and new, which is not usual in Paris!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank kismail

Reviewed February 7, 2013

A small, relatively new hotel in a very good and safe location. The bus stop was very close and the Metro line had direct access-no connections-to the center. Our room (34) was small-this is Paris after all- but convenient (for a weekend or so it was perfect, but if you intent to stay longer bear in mind there is no wardrobe just a few hangers). The bathroom was tiny, but functional. Also, I have to mention that the lift could be heard,especially in our room that was right next to it.It didn't bother us,but consider this tip if you're a light sleeper.Breakfast was basic but good,the staff was polite, free WiFi and kid’s corner was a plus. If you’re planning to stay during the summer, note that there is no air condition .For Paris standards I would say it is an excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irepap
Reviewed January 31, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rferrerag
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Writing this review so travelers can find a decent alternative to this hotel.
I have 45 years of staying in all kinds of hotels across the world and found some excuses (in the middle of Turkey, Romania, China, Middle East, Africa) I could not find in Paris in a 3 stars hotel, when it doesn't deserve more than 1/2 a star.
Less than a foot of space between the bed and the walls. No shelf for your shirts,
Bath/Shower is covered with mold and again no shelf in the shower for your own soap or shampoo.
I am more blaming city of Paris which gives this hotel 3 stars when it shouldn't be yet open to customers or should be possibly a refuge for SDF (No fixed domicile)
Avoid this at all cost.
Note: Forgot to mention that I am a Favorite Guest for this group. Imagine if I wasn't...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Froggy92121
Reviewed November 9, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wonaldo
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had one of my worst experiences staying at this hotel. I made the booking 3 months in advance. My wife and I arrived around 10 am at the hotel. The hotel staff told us they couldn't check us in and asked us to come back after 12:00. OK, this is normal. They checked our reservation and said our room would be ready. When we came back at 8:00 pm the same night, we were told by a different staff that our room was cancelled!!! Their manager apparently cancelled our room because he tried to run my credit card but unsuccessfully. I immediately called my bank and found out my bank has suspended my currently card due to false charges I filed a couple of days ago and the bank would send me a new card. The hotel cancelled my room knowing that I was there that same morning. Instead of trying to find a solution for their guests, the hotel opted to cancel the reservation and left the guests with nowhere to go. The staff on duty was rude at first and wouldn't let us explain. My wife was yelling and we were furious. Eventually, we were given a room after a disastrous debate. The room was small. I guess this is normal in Paris. The second night during our stay the fire alarm went off just before midnight. We were fast asleep. My wife alerted me from sleeping. I went out to check and saw people either running downstairs or standing by their door. I didn't see any fire. 15 minutes later some guests ran back and said it was false alarm. Worst experience ever!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lord_cage
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed for one night on a business trip and it was perfect for what I needed. The room was a little tight but the bed was big and firm and i had such a great night's sleep. The hotel has been refurbed and it was nice throughout, just a little dated on teh corridors. The breakfast was great, as is always the case in Ibis Styles and although there was no bar or restaurant there were lots of places to eat around the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business