“Will never stay at this hotel again”

Ibis Styles Paris Alesia Montparnasse
Ranked #1,087 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Geneva, Switzerland
“Will never stay at this hotel again”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had one of my worst experiences staying at this hotel. I made the booking 3 months in advance. My wife and I arrived around 10 am at the hotel. The hotel staff told us they couldn't check us in and asked us to come back after 12:00. OK, this is normal. They checked our reservation and said our room would be ready. When we came back at 8:00 pm the same night, we were told by a different staff that our room was cancelled!!! Their manager apparently cancelled our room because he tried to run my credit card but unsuccessfully. I immediately called my bank and found out my bank has suspended my currently card due to false charges I filed a couple of days ago and the bank would send me a new card. The hotel cancelled my room knowing that I was there that same morning. Instead of trying to find a solution for their guests, the hotel opted to cancel the reservation and left the guests with nowhere to go. The staff on duty was rude at first and wouldn't let us explain. My wife was yelling and we were furious. Eventually, we were given a room after a disastrous debate. The room was small. I guess this is normal in Paris. The second night during our stay the fire alarm went off just before midnight. We were fast asleep. My wife alerted me from sleeping. I went out to check and saw people either running downstairs or standing by their door. I didn't see any fire. 15 minutes later some guests ran back and said it was false alarm. Worst experience ever!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lord_cage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed for one night on a business trip and it was perfect for what I needed. The room was a little tight but the bed was big and firm and i had such a great night's sleep. The hotel has been refurbed and it was nice throughout, just a little dated on teh corridors. The breakfast was great, as is always the case in Ibis Styles and although there was no bar or restaurant there were lots of places to eat around the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brooksy74
Nantes
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Room was quite small but very clean. This hotel is also well located, just 2 blocks away from Alesia Metro Station and it's about 10 minutes by walk to reach Denfert Rochereau Metro/RER Station so it's very convenient for a short trip in Paris.

Check-in was fast and made efficiently. Staff is very polite. No complaint about noise ; breakfast was included in the price of the room and was quite good with a large range of fruits, drinks and pastries. French newspapers are available in the lobby and you can pick-up a complementary copy.

I was in this hotel in August 2012 .. so I was able to catch the drawback of this hotel : there is no A/C expect in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seat01A
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had read bad reviews about the hotel, so was a little apprehensive. But the hotel was pretty decent. First, its location is quite accessible...its a 5 minutes walk from the tube station Alesia, which is half hour train ride from Grade du Nord and the city centre. Yes, the rooms are very small...hardly any place to keep your luggage. But it is a clean, nice and comfortable room. The bathroom is spacious though. The room does not have AC or fan, so in summers it could get a little warm. The internet is quite good. Breakfast is what they call 'cold breakfast' containing croissants, corn flakes, bread, utter, curd, yogurt etc.

The staff was friendly. Especially Rachid at the reception and a young lady who was there in the morning were very helpful. I wanted to check out at 5 in the morning and therefore requested for a taxi and breakfast. I half expected either to be ready...but when we reached at the reception early in the morning, we were pleasantly surprised to see the taxi had already arrived and Rachid was waiting for us with the breakfast.

It was a good experience overall...would certainly like to visit again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple