“Ideal for a short break”
Review of Le Regent Hostel

Le Regent Hostel
Ranked #10 of 170 Specialty Lodging in Paris
Preston
“Ideal for a short break”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here with 4 friends in August of this year and we had an amazing time. The location of the hostel is brilliant and within walking distance of the Gare du Nord, Moulin Rouge and the Sacre Coeur is just across the road.
We had no problems with check in and there was a little luggage room to keep your bags in if you wanted to arrive early or leave late on check out. The hostel itself was basic but clean with fresh sheets after every stay. The blankets however do not get changed which is standard with most hostels. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm with an en suite and shared with one girl from a different party. The beds were comfortable enough and the breakfast consisted of a continental breakfast and cereal, which was plenty. There was no issue with noise and we all were able to enjoy a good sleep.
There are two subway stations close by that can take you to other parts of the city! I would recommend this hostel if you want a basic, cheap accomodation in the centre of Paris with clean rooms and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Pick a room with an en suite!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah K M
letym, Directeur général at Le Regent Hostel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our establishment.

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our establishment and think that we are well situated to enjoy Paris.

Thank you for the staff, they want to make easy the life of our guest during their stay helping us with directions and good trick.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Best Regards,

Laëtitia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

In a good location, there is a metro stop right outside and the train station is a short walk away. The church nearby has a fantastic view over Paris.
The hostel is a bit dingy but was quite clean. The four bed room was basic but good, was nice to have a en-suite.
The staff were great and the breakfast offered a lot of choice.
Very good value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to write us regarding your stay in our establishment.

Thank you for the nice comments on the staff, they are always pleased to know that they succeed to make your stay nice.

Indeed The Sacré Coeur is a beautiful place where you have a nice view of Paris.

We'll work this year on the decoration to make the hostel more colored.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Has a great location next to Montmartre/sacre coueur and close to gare du nord. They encourage a fun social atmosphere with good common areas, i met people there who have become my closest friends. The staff at the time were very helpful and even hung out with us after their shifts. The room was clean and nice with comfortable beds, although the en suite in the 3 bed dorm is a bit cramped. Very good security. All round great hostel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here at Le Regent Hostel for one night for a layover on the way to London. The location is great. I was able to walk to the Moulin Rouge and cute bars. I did get a little lost walking to the hostel but it was more my fault than the directions. I didn't follow them at one point. But I just stopped in a local cafe and asked directions. The people in the neighborhood were friendly. It really is very close to Gare Du Nord about a 12 minute walk. When I got the hostel it was lively. The people are the desk were friendly and helpful. I got new sheets and went to my room. Everyone was sleeping when I got in my room but it was clean and had a bathroom. I spent probably 4 hours in the hostel overall. The breakfast in the morning was included. It had cereal, bread, jelly, honey, tea, and coffee. Overall it was a solid breakfast. If I was staying in Paris again I would go back to Le Regent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with three friends for a weekend in Paris in December. The location is great - 10 mins walk from Gard Du Nord, right next to a Metro station, and close to Montmartre.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and it was very easy to check in. The room was fine - we had a four bed private room - and did exactly what we needed it to do.

We didn't use any of the facilities, so can't comment on those, but this was a great place to lay our heads in between visiting monuments, football, and pubs...

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the Regent late in the evening due to getting delayed on a flight arriving in Paris. Was only staying for one night while I was passing through the city. Location is good, just a short walk from the Sacre Coeur. The area is a bit dodgy but the hostel is not far from the metro station. There was a lot of noise, not from the hostel itself but from people walking past outside. Kept me awake for a while. Beds aren't that comfortable. The experience would have been okay, however in the morning I noticed that there was a blood stain on the sheets that were provided to me. Yuck!! (These didn't come from me!!) Couldn't see this the night before as it was dark because the other people in the room were sleeping so I left the light off. To be fair, this is probably an isolated incident. The staff were friendly and helpful. Didn't have the breakfast as I was in a rush in the morning. On the whole, an average-poor experience for me I'm afraid!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mikey N
Bonjour,

We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay in our establishment for few reasons that your precised, thank you.

Concerning the sheet we understand that was a bad surprise for you in the morning and we are sorry that our lauderer did not notice that. We do apologise for that.

Thank you for your positive comment about the breakfast and staff. Our staff is always happy to know that they make stay of our guest nice.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again to show you that we improved and pay attention to our guest's comment.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I spent 6 days here and it was great. I met some new friends. Room qaulity is fine. Good to sleep and calm. Breakfast is more than good. Pastries, coffee, tea, jams, honey, cereals and milk.
This is not a cheap hostel, but for the price you pay you will get a proper service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bonjour,

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor regarding the great experience you had.

We love to read that we succeeded in our mission to make you have a good time in our hostel and in Paris.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hostel where you'll meet new friends.