1,388 results
All reviewsfree drinks and snacksgeorges metromoulin rougejoyce hotelpigalle areasacre coeurgaleries lafayettenice breakfastlovely hotelseveral metro stationsminute walkfree wificroissantstwin roomquiet streetbreakfast was includedclean rooms
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed in this lovely hotel for 2 nights and had a very pleasant experience. I was recommended to stay here by a Parisian friend as it's located in a more genuine and less touristic area. However, it's just a short walk away from Montmartre and close to several Metro stations for access to the rest of Paris. Rooms are small, but functional and the bed was very comfortable. I especially appreciated the friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way to make sure the guests have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Goenos
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I stayed in this charming hotel for 4 night in the first week of July. The room was small but functional. The toilet and shower room were separate which might prove inconvenient to some. I have to warn you about the shower area which has no enclosure at all. You will definitely end up with a wet floor depending on how careful you are. I raised this concern with the front staff and they said it was that way from the start. This was the only problem with the stay. Overall the hotel staff were friendly, responsive and helpful. There was a free beverage service from 10am till late evening which was very welcome. Outside are a good number of fine bistros and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I was booked for 3 nights at the Monterosa Hotel as it was near by my friends place and I could meet up with them. The rooms are of adequate size, nicely decorated, on the modern side.
Bathroom was a little small. Beds and pillows were comfortable, rooms are very clean.
Breakfast spread is really nice ! fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs, quiche, sausages, french baguette and danish pastries.
Staff is very nice, polite and they you can see they want to go out of their way to help and please you !

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Hotel Monterosa is a centrally located hotel for tourists with small but clean rooms, and very efficient and helpful staff.

Our family had 3 rooms and we stayed 5 nights and through the stay we had a very pleasant experience!

We want to specially mention all the people at the front desk who went out of their way to make suggestions and ensure that our stay was comfortable. I want to offer 6 stars to the people who really made our stay so nice. The hotel is also very thoughtful about the complimentary snacks and tea/ coffee / soft drink bar service at the lobby which is so nice to be able to avail whenever we walk into the hotel after a long day.

The one issue that i want to highlight to the hotel is the taxi service company that the hotel chooses. On two occasions, we have been cheated by French Taxi Drivers recommended by the hotel. The first occasion we reported to the hotel already, but the second was when my sister took a taxi drop to the CDG airport from the hotel which should cost 50 Euros, and the driver charged 90 Euros.

The one big improvement that is required is the taxi service offered. The Hotel Monterosa uses a particular company that they call for taxis. We had two bad experiences with the taxis, one of which we reported to the staff. The second was when my sister took a taxi to CDG airport from Monterosa after checkout - and what should normally have costed 40 - 50 Eur (depending on traffic) turned out to be a 90 Eur trip. There is also confusion about the starting meter. The taxi that picked up my sister had a starting meter of 28 Euros. The taxi the picked me up for the airport trip had a starting meter of 5.80 Euros. To my understanding the taxi should always start with "Zero Euros" from the hotel.

I think it is better that the hotel keeps a placard informing guests the correct possibility of taxi fare starting prices - and asking guests them to report to the hotel immeduiately while boarding taxi - in case of a difference.

The hotel should also offer taxi drops at fixed price to guests - for particular destinations like the airport / train station etc. where distances are fixed and known to avoid such unpleasantness. This will avoid unpleasant experiences for the guests.

Overall, I want to rate the hotel highly and would stay again at the Monterosa if I visited Paris. Once again a big thank you to all the staff for our wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel is not far from the Opera/Galleries Lafayette,Pigalle, and Montmarte/Sacred Heart Basilica. Bit of a walk to the Louvre/Musee D'Orsey but the metro is also close by. (Between Pigalle and St. George). We had two rooms, one for adults and one for our teens. Rooms are small but well equipped. There are complimentary snacks/beverages in the lobby each day from 1pm on, and breakfast is offered but was not included in our room. (Book directly with Astotel and it probably will be). The staff made this hotel special. They were very helpful with restaurant recommendations, metro, maps, and advice on touring the city. Can't say enough good things about them. They can also arrange a shuttle to the airport that is less expensive than a private car.
There is another Astotel hotel directly across the street that is a bit more expensive. (Might try that one when not buying two rooms!).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street can be a bit noisy during the day, but not too bad at night. The A/C unit was very noisy in our room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family