“We'll be back!”

Ranked #142 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Melbourne, Australia
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two weeks here. The staff were invariably friendly and helpful, providing useful advice, assistance whenever we needed it and arranging restaurant and theatre reservations. The rooms were very clean, the substantial breakfast got us ready for the long day ahead and the communal open (free) refreshments bar proved to be a daily treat at the end of our wanderings. The hotel is conveniently located near a metro station, on a bus route, and within an easy walk of many tourist attractions, for example Montmartre and Opera Gamier. For French speakers there are even two live theatres in the same street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at Monetrosa on 30th of Sept till the 6th of Oct. this year with a friend of mine, took a twin bed.. I booked at this hotel because I read good reviews on tripadvisor.. it was a small cute clean hotel with good staff, very helpful as they used to guide us how to reach any place, explaining to us everything.. I really appreciate their cooperation. About the room, a good size, not too small with comfortable beds and sound proof rooms with air conditions, and with a good size bathroom. Moreover, the have juices, coffee maker and snacks for free in the lobby for their guests. The hotel is also not too far from the main attractions in Paris, by taxi u will reach champ elysees, Montmartre or Opera in like 10 or 15 minutes, and only few stops by metro and you'll get there..Saint George metro station is very close to the hotel, just 5 minutes walking till the station.. there's also a small grocery shop very close to the hotel, when u get back evening tired so u can buy whatever u need from that shop.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with this hotel. Ten day before arrival, I requested by email a 4th floor room with balcony based on other reviews. They honored my request putting us in room 404. The street outside the hotel was very quite even with the door to the balcony open at night. The room was very clean and nicely appointed. While small compared to American hotel rooms, we spent very little time in the hotel so size was not an issue. The bath towels could have been larger. The glass partition on the tub was too small so water when showering made it to the floor. Bottom-line is that we were happy with the room and would definitely ask for it again. The lift as others have commented is too small. We could not ride together with our 2 carry-on pieces of luggage; inconvenient, but not a problem. The buffet breakfast was enjoyable even though it consisted of the same limited items every day. On two occasions we took advantage of their happy-hour to enjoy snacks and drinks. It was nice to do after a long day and before retiring to our room. The free Wi-Fi was put too much use checking emails and researching Metro routes. We had no problems walking around the neighborhood. While the hotel is not the high-rent district, it was filled with plenty of local enjoying themselves at local bistros and restaurants. The hotel is several blocks from the Moulin Rouge and Metro stops. It was a short walk to Montmartre. We would definitely stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony on 4th floor.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed here Sept of 2013 and were really happy with the location, price and service. It's about a 15 minute walk from the gare du nord or a 10 euro cab ride. We stayed in a standard room that was a good size compared to other paris hotels we stayed in. There are plenty of places to eat nearby for reasonable pricing. If you are into shopping, it's all close by but it's not to far from the big attactions either. We walked to the Louvre in about 40 minutes, of course we could have hopped on transit but we had to time to explore on the way. Also the included breakfast is pretty good. It includes eggs, sausages, fruit, breads, cheeses, cereals and juice. The reception team is really awesome. My husband was looking for some obscure monument and they poured over maps and suggested bus routes to help us get there. Oh and of course the most important thing, the price is excellent. It's a perfect 3 star hotel.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our first trip to Paris and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel. We knew that most restaurants required a phone booking -my limited French got us nowhere for the first night.We called the hotel prior to departure and spoke to Pierre and he manged to get us a table at the Bistro lorette. He followed this up with an email with a map included. On arrival we were a little early to book in-no problem stored our bags and they made us a coffee and gave us pastries. The rooms are on the small side;but all Paris rooms are small -who comes to Paris to stay in your room?.The room did have air-con a boon in the hot Paris late summer. The hotel is ideally situated for shops and restaurants as well as the metro only 5 minutes walk away. There is no mini bar in the room;yet soft drinks including coffee and pastries are available in the reception area till 10:30 at night. Breakfast was included with our stay and is a typical continental affair- the only issue with the hotel is the low chairs at breakfast. The staff are friendly and helped us with all our travel needs -suggesting a taxi for the return to Orly airport as public transport is limited and something of an ordeal (they of course called us a taxi).Overall a superb stay.

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My September stay at Hotel Monterosa - Astotel is excellent! After staying at so many hotels (business purpose or leisure purpose in different hotels from Grand Hyatt, Sofitel, Sheraton, Banyan Tree and even hostels), I was really impressed by their service and their people!

The Reception team is always helpful and ready to explain how to reach certain spots in Paris. Patience, consideration and friendliness are the words to describe this team! I could feel how much they engaged in their guests and they enjoyed their job. I am sorry that I could not remember all their names, except Jane. Hopefully, she could continue her hospitality in the industry after her graduation!

Their open bar is what I appreciated most. The area was not that big, but it was good for the room rates and the breakfast items were reasonable and nice. The lady who helped during the breakfast time. I was bit late for breakfast for a couple of days and she was always nice to serve. The receptionist (a man) even came over to ask if I needed anything else. I am sorry again that I cannot remember the breakfast lady's name but she was friendly enough that I took a photo with her.

The room is a bit small, but I feel that it is perfect for me as I am a solo traveller. Cleanliness and temperature are the most important and they can handle both well.

Location is convenient enough where I could reach the metro stations easily and walk to Lafayette. I have no complaint about its location!

Overall, this hotel is really a good one physically and in a service aspect. What has made it special is the people working there. They added highlights to my 2nd stay in Paris. That is why I asked the receptionist to send me a survey, so that I can recommend their hotel to potential travellers!

It is really a lovely hotel!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Yenn_Yenn
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in August and really enjoyed it. Out stay was about €100 a night which included breakfast, which I think is a really good deal for Paris. The location is a off the busy streets but very close to Metro, Monmartre, and Opera district. We even walked to Louvre from there. The rooms are basic but clean. The only issue we had was the water in the shower tub - it didn't drain properly. The breakfast buffet was nice - good selection of pastries, cold cuts & eggs, fruits, etc I was pleasantly surprised that it was included in the room price as I had to pay for it extra in all other places I've stayed in France. Lastly, the customer service from the front desk was pleasant and helpful. My friend and I wanted to have a nice dinner on our last night in Paris and that being August, most nice restaurants were closed there. Well, one of the gentelmen at the front desk spent an hour with us calling various restaurants and researching it for us online. In the end, he was able to book us a dinner at the lovely restaurant. Overall, I enjoyed staying at this place and would definitely come back there again.

• Stayed August 2013