1,388 results
All reviewsfree drinks and snacksgeorges metromoulin rougejoyce hotelpigalle areasacre coeurgaleries lafayettenice breakfastlovely hotelseveral metro stationsminute walkfree wificroissantstwin roomquiet streetbreakfast was includedclean rooms
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We researched Trip Advisor extensively to pick our hotel in Paris. We chose Monterosa because it seemed well located (close to L'Opera and Lafayette) and had nice revues. What a gem! Room is impeccably clean, quiet and with a large bathroom. The shower/tub was great with endless strong, hot water and great towels. There was no closet in the room but an open "clothes rack" which maybe is not the best style wise, but it was super comfy to hang clothes. The bed was a cloud, as were the pillows. Decor is modern and minimal. Hallways are VERY narrow, so a little troublesome dragging large luggage. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious, with room to spare for everybody. The staff is friendly and helpful. They gave complimentary snacks in the afternoon that included soft drinks, coffee, pastries, chips, pretzels, fruits, etc. all on the house. They mistakenly billed us twice and were extremely sorry and before we even arrived (we paid in advance) they had already fixed it. I would vote this hotel as best value for service in a heartbeat! Great pick!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank faraway46
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Spotlessly clean spacious room with minimal furniture (another chair would have helped). Exellent bathroom with full bath and efficient shower.
Superb cold buffet breakfast with everything anyone could want,fruits,cereals ,cheeses,salamis,fresh bread, croissants etc. all included in the price! This is served in a smart and spotless foyer.
From late afternoon on there is tea and biscuits or pre-dinner snacks and bottled and canned drinks.
The staff are helpful in booking local restaurants. There are some good ones nearby and a couple of good patisseries too.Busses run to the Louvre and the Ile da la Cite from the end of the road( taking about 20 mins)and the Moulin Rouge and Montmartre are a short walk away.
Altogether an excellent and good value choice;wish we could find something comparable in London!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 528852Carol
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We stayed in Paris for 3 days and this hotel was fabulous. Immaculate, updated and modern with large bathrooms. Jean-Francois and Phillipe were two of the front desk agents we encountered and they were both awesome. They were so friendly and helpful- I really felt lke I was coming home each day to this hotel. They have an 'open bar' for several hours each night which consists of snack food, sodas and coffees which is nice. Great central location very close to Moulin Rouge. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

1  Thank TravelReens
Reviewed February 28, 2011

I had been looking to spend a romantic valentine's week in Paris but wanted somewhere fairly cheap but top quality. It had to be clean! I read loads of reviews and the general consensus was hotels in Paris, in my price range, were small and had faults of one type or another.
I took an instant like to the Monterosa and knew this had to be the one!
On arrival, we were very impressed by the cleanliness of the front and the foyer area. We were greeted by a very nice gentleman who spoke very good English. We initially had a problem with our room, as we were given a twin instead of a double but this was quickly rectified. In fact the second room was far superior with better choice of colour and better view with balcony. The size was impressive, about what you would get in the UK. The room was immaculate and so was the bathroom! Very clean and cosy, nothing broken or out of place! The only downside was the lack of drink making facilities in the room. Although hot and cold drinks, as well as nibbles, were available in the cafe area near the foyer downstairs, up to a certain time.
We found the location ideal for the sightseeing and very convenient for the metro system. It is very close to the Pigalle area but we had absolutely no bother at all. In fact I actually wondered what all the fuss was about? Yes, it is colourful but well worth a visit!
All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful, apart from a lady who seemed in charge of the cafe area. I was having a drink in the area and noticed there weren't any nibbles out. I saw the lady actually fill the nibbles tray but didn't bring them out! She was actually waiting for me to go before bringing them out! Not the service I expect anywhere at any price! I did leave briefly but soon returned to have my nibbles!
The best part of the service was when we were treated to a complimentary bottle of bubbly to celebrate valentines day!
We will definitely return to this hotel for our return trip to Paris!

1  Thank Kalalah
Reviewed February 22, 2011

If you are looking for a good value base to explore Paris, this is ideal! The staff are very friendly and speak very good english which is not always the case in Paris. Location is great near the Metro and walking distance to Galleries shopping centre. The rooms are compact but have all you need with a decent clean bathroom and air conditioning. The only issues we had were people smoking in the room nearby causing a nasty smell in our room and corridor and one night the fire alarm went off, otherwise a great place to stay! The free drinks and snacks in the afternoon and evening are a welcome bonus when returning from a days sightseeing!

1  Thank KamandHema